Traffic update issues

alk

I have purchased a 920T in the states and now have it in Switzerland. problem when I plug in the antena i get a red X in the upper right corner of the screen and when selected (the X) I get a message that states the RDS-TMC is not usable with the current map. I know others in Switzerland have traffic via the antena but have not been able to contact them.

Any ideas I have posed the question to tomtom support and have not received any response.

Thanks
Al

kind of late to reply but .....

The US version Tomtom only comes with the NA maps therefore you will need to buy and install de Swiss detailled maps because the maps contains the traffic location codes. The TMC-RDS receiver althought different will work anyways. it will scan the fm spectrum for the proper frecuency and lock to it as in most EU countries traffic service via FM is free unlike here in NA. and by the way it even works better in Europe!!! go figure lol lol lol.

By the way at least with Garmin , there 2 kinds of maps . One has the traffic location codes embeded inside the other map do not and therefore the file is smaller. The NT version of the maps in GArmin units has the traffic codes and is intended for units that supports traffic receivers.

Ask a Question