Live traffic updates

TomTom Model(s)
Go 1005/2505
Is there any way that I can turn off the traffic updates on my new 2505/1005. Where I live, there are no traffic updates available and when plugged into my vehicle it keeps searching for updates on the right side of the screen and it is getting anoying as the service is not available in my area
Any help would be appreciated:thumb:

@dhn
Don't the 1005 and 2505 come with the cable separate from the charger? In which case, the OP only needs to replace the cable bit with a vanilla version, not the whole charger.

All I know is that the 2505 is not a LIVE model; consequently, the only taffic would be by the combo connector. And I'm not sure such a connector exists with the cable separate from the charger. If it does, you are right. But, if not, then the OP has to be referring to the combo charger.

The only item that came with my unit was the combo charger. I am about 100 miles north of Ottawa so there is no coverage here but I do travel to ottawa and the toronto area so I guess I will have traffic info in those areas. Meanwhile I will look for a plain regular charger to use in other non traffic areas...Thanks to all for the replies

The only item that came with my unit was the combo charger. I am about 100 miles north of Ottawa so there is no coverage here but I do travel to ottawa and the toronto area so I guess I will have traffic info in those areas. Meanwhile I will look for a plain regular charger to use in other non traffic areas...Thanks to all for the replies
When I bought my XXL540TM, I received the combo cable for traffic, and I also received a second cable with a USB connection on the end, to use when connecting the GPS to my computer. I would have expected one of those cables to be included with your unit.

If it was included, you can just buy a car charger with a USB receptacle, and use it with your computer cable. Those chargers are available everywhere at an inexpensive price, especially when compared with the ease of obtaining a charger and cable designed to fit the port on your TomTom (if it is like the port on my XXL540).

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Thanks for the reply...I did get both cables and after posting last message, thought about same thing you mentionned and going to do just that...Just happen to have one that I use with my ipod....Works just fine
T hanks to you and all those who replied

Ask a Question