no traffic updates on tomtom 550 live

hi all
i have a 550 live. working fine for 1 week and today i started a new journey only for the hd updates to stop working. my subscription is up to date and the rest of the sat nav works perfectly fine. any ideas?
i have tried refreshing the unit.
ryan uk

Many on a UK based forum are also reporting sporadic connections with the TomTom Live servers the past 24 hours or so.

Go 550 Subscription error

Hi, I purchased a GO 550 Live last week (starting to wish I hadn't though) and I also have this problem.

If you connect to TT Home on PC and then 'Operate my device' the HD Traffic works and continues to work when disconnected from PC, as long as you do not turn TT off. If you turn it off, the Traffic does not work and you get an error regarding you subscription. My subscriptions are valid till July 2011.

'Googling' the problem, it looks like a lot of users have it - In which case why are TT not adressing it properly?

I have logged this with the TT Support team this morning, who said that they would email me with some questions, but as yet not heard from them.

Compared to my old Navman, I find the menu selection on this device very poorly designed - Why no 'back' button?

Oh well, if I do not hear from them in the next couple of days I will take it back and get a credit,

:mad:

Hi, I purchased a GO 550 Live last week (starting to wish I hadn't though) and I also have this problem.

If you connect to TT Home on PC and then 'Operate my device' the HD Traffic works and continues to work when disconnected from PC, as long as you do not turn TT off. If you turn it off, the Traffic does not work and you get an error regarding you subscription. My subscriptions are valid till July 2011.

'Googling' the problem, it looks like a lot of users have it - In which case why are TT not adressing it properly?

I have logged this with the TT Support team this morning, who said that they would email me with some questions, but as yet not heard from them.

Compared to my old Navman, I find the menu selection on this device very poorly designed - Why no 'back' button?

Oh well, if I do not hear from them in the next couple of days I will take it back and get a credit,

:mad:

Hi

I have had problem with GO 950.

Discovered that when I log into device I was logging in with capitol letters.

I changed tis to lower case...somehow...not sure how I did it and Traffic and everything else now works normally.

Does that help you?

drmw

Ask a Question