XXL 540: Do "traffic updates" work in Europe?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540 TM World
I have just used my XXL 540 in Atlanta, and twice the traffic update worked great. Once it warned that the road ahead was jammed and offered an alternative route that "would save me 4 min". I accepted it, and indeed the alternative route was moving while the main road was completely jammed. The second time I was lining at the toll plaza in early morning heavy traffic and Kate says: "you're running 5 min late", and then reassuringly: "you're still in the fastest route". Love ya, Kate.

But here is a question for folks who have used the XXL 540 in Europe. I have read some comments that traffic updates worked in Germany and England. However, in the product description at Amazon there is an asterisk with the information: "Lifetime Traffic available in the U.S. and Canada". I tried to buy the option for traffic updates via TomTom Home, but none is available.

So, to clarify, has anyone used the XXL 540TM World Traveler in Europe with the proper cable and had access to traffic updates? Thank you.

Yep. Used my 540 with the rds-tmc antenna/charger combo in Italy a few years ago. Got traffic info there ............

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try it in France and report in a couple of weeks.

Ask a Question