Tomtom sports service discontinuation?

Yes ! I have it working. You need to select TTBIN file(s) and then you see this:

Then I can save them as gpx files and upload to Strava.
hi ... ive been trying to make it work ..what do you mean by select TTBIN file ... in my case the TTBIN directory is emty...
can you please explain or if possible provide a step by step explination from starting the app to extracting the GPX files ?
EDIT : Nevermind i figured it out just needed to factory reset my watch
befor when i clicked on donwload it did nothing.

Last edited:
If anyone who is still in despair not been able to follow the suggested download that @WalkerOfTheDay kindly found and don't have the technical nouce to do this and given up on their TT GPS watch, I have found a cheap alternative for those looking for that option listed below.
(BTW the suggested download does work and I have it installed and runs perfectly and it will keep my TT watch running for now).

The cheapest alternative GPS watch going I found as a low budget alternative is this Chinese made GPS smart watch. It comes under a few variations on model numbers as listed below. Specs and reviews are scant, the watch will run on its own app version and will share with Apple Health, Google Fit and upload to Strava.
(I have the non GPS variant and it works perfectly with IOS17, records and sends activity to Strava also, using phone GPS via the app, with additional HR, sleep, steps and stress, VO2, Music, messages etc, but I am tempted to try the GPS version anyway)

I don't know the original manufacturer, but ones I have found seem to be associated to Very fit or V-Fitness app.
Google these variations as there are probably more of the same on Alibaba, Amazon and Ebay with different model identification.
I cant vouch for accuracy or reliability, but as such a cheap alternative, its not a big loss replacement.
It does appear to have displayed activity metrics on screen during an activity compared to the TT watch, not as selectable, but there is one shown, there may be more. Being able to upload the GPS file to Strava a win, but downloading to the device may not be possible. All the other metrics seem to be there like heart rate and elevation.

VF-SMTGPS
ID205G

I will never buy a TomTom product again though. They could have easily released an offline version like the developer from the studio Blue Planet did. They never answered my email, so that shows how much they care.

Shame on you TomTom.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling with the studio Blue Planet app as I'm on macOS. Just commenting to say that I have also decided never to purchase a TomTom device again. It wouldn't have taken a lot to have turned the current app into something that could download the ttbin files indefinitely.

Hi,
Not sure if anyone is still following this. I have also downloaded the software from https://blog.studioblueplanet.net/software/tomtomwatch. It's all working fine at the moment. Does anyone know whether TomTom will keep supporting / supplying the quickgps data? Or know how to find out? They seem to supply it to a number of products, but it seems to be GPS chip specific. Wondered if anyone knows another product with the same chip.
Ben

Hi,
Not sure if anyone is still following this. I have also downloaded the software from https://blog.studioblueplanet.net/software/tomtomwatch. It's all working fine at the moment. Does anyone know whether TomTom will keep supporting / supplying the quickgps data? Or know how to find out? They seem to supply it to a number of products, but it seems to be GPS chip specific. Wondered if anyone knows another product with the same chip.
Ben

JuergenAMS wrote​

From what I understand only the first link will stop working, not the second. If someone still maintains the software the first link could be redirected to QuickGPSfix for PND:
https://gpsquickfix.services.tomtom.com/fitness/sifgps.f2p7enc.ee

It was an unpleasant surprise to find that TomTom buried the lead in their notification that TomTom Sports online service was ending, and what they really meant to say was that your watch will be rendered useless because of our faulty app design that we can't be bothered to spend even a trivial effort to fix for our customers.

Fortunately I have my abandoned TomTom Runner watch working again with the studioblueplanet java app (thank you contributors!), but I have a question.

What happens with the heart-rate data recorded by the watch? Is it in the ttbin file? Does it go into a separate file that now doesn't get erased and will fill up the watch memory since the java app is apparently unaware of it? I'm reluctant to experiment in case the latter is true.

The abandoned FluffyKaon ttbin file format project on GitHub has this definition in the c header file:

// Tag 0x25
typedef struct __attribute__((__packed__)) {
uint8_t heart_rate;
uint8_t u1;
uint32_t time;
} HeartRate;

and if I go back to a saved ttbin file that I know has heart-rate data, I do find a possible set of records with 0x25 followed by a plausible heart rate value.

Update: Ok, I wrote a quick Excel VBA script to read and chart the possible heart rate values from a ttbin file saved months ago by the TomTom Sports app and uploaded to Strava. That allowed me to quickly compare the chart by eye to what Strava shows for heart rate for that run. They match, so the assumption that the ttbin file contains the heart rate records is correct.

I think it's likely true therefore that the heart rate data will be erased from the watch along with the ttbin file.

Last edited:
Hmmm... anyway to update the watch firmware now? My girlfriend has a TT Runner 3 GPS Watch, and I think its firmware is outdated (1.7.64)... is it possible to download the firmware files somewhere??

Last edited:
Hmmm... anyway to update the watch firmware now? My girlfriend has a TT Runner 3 GPS Watch, and I think its firmware is outdated (1.7.64)... is it possible to download the firmware files somewhere??

Hi,

Can anyone please provide the firmware file(s) for the TomTom Runner 1 watch?

My watch was powered down for months, and when powered up again, it was reset and now requires the firmware to be reloaded.

The TomTomWatch by bluestudioplanet is communicating with the watch, however, the display on the watch has noise, and is not displaying the standard menu system. According to the TomTomWatch software the current (broken) firmware is version1.7.64

Any help will be appreciated.....

Alister

Last edited:
Hi
In my opinion you can no longer install the firmware on your Tomtom watch without it using Tomtom servers.

Hi
In my opinion you can no longer install the firmware on your Tomtom watch without it using Tomtom servers.
Hi,

If I could get the binary file, then the TomTomWatch app by bluestudioplanet have the option available to upload firmware to the Sportswatch.

Ask a Question