Tomtom sports service discontinuation?

I just found out today that Tomtom is killing the website, and with it the functionality of the devices still out there which we all bought expecting they would work in the future. This is unbelievable and really appalling . Will they refund me a portion of the price i paid for my watch, which is still fully functional? Will they make any sort of mitigation or donation to offset the unnecessary e-waste created by suddenly rendering all these devices junk?

I'm not a big fan of class action suites, generally speaking, but this warrants one! Anyone know if anything is in progress?

no idea. But don't dream too much. Tomtom has stopped producing connected objects for more than 5 years

I have decided to say goodbye to my TT watch.

I have replaced it with a Garmin Forerunner 245 which is awesome and has way more functions. I know it's not a very fair comparison giving the price difference.

I will never buy a TomTom product again though. They could have easily released an offline version like the developer from the studio Blue Planet did. They never answered my email, so that shows how much they care.

Shame on you TomTom.

I wonder if someone has managed to import a json_2 file into garmin or other software? (as created by tomtom in the download package for all threadmill and other indoor activities)?

Yes ! I have it working. You need to select TTBIN file(s) and then you see this:

Then I can save them as gpx files and upload to Strava.
Hi WalkerOfTheDay thanks for spotting this utility. It seems to find my TTwatch but nothing appears in the left-side window (where your screenshot shows several files). At what point did you see the files?

I'm not sure. I've moved on to a Garmin watch. I think you should click the LOAD TTBIN button and select your run. Perhaps you need to click the DOWLOAD button before that. I don't entirely remember. Sorry about that.

Hi WalkerOfTheDay thanks for spotting this utility. It seems to find my TTwatch but nothing appears in the left-side window (where your screenshot shows several files). At what point did you see the files?
Hi Clivia
Have a look at my post here, it might help.

He
Hi Clivia
Have a look at my post here, it might help.
Hello, i replied in the other thread... one needs to have new files in order to see them in the "new" software. If the files have been uploaded already by the TomTom software they were deleted also in the watch.

Regards, Pascal

Yes ! I have it working. You need to select TTBIN file(s) and then you see this:

Can only download version 1.6 (21-12-2020). Does anyone have a link for version 1.7 (12-04-2022)?

Can only download version 1.6 (21-12-2020). Does anyone have a link for version 1.7 (12-04-2022)?
I have just found this John.
It's been updated to version 1.8 now.
I downloaded the 1.6 version and that seems fine, but if you download the new version please keep us informed on how it works please.
There is also this thread that you can post any info.

Last edited:
I have just found this John.
It's been updated to version 1.8 now.
I downloaded the 1.6 version and that seems fine, but if you download the new version please keep us informed on how it works please.
There is also this thread that you can post any info.
Hello, link on the web page for the newest download always refer to version 1.6 despite link description says 1.8
To get the 1.8 version just use that link :

Regards, Pascal

Hello, a bit of topic, but since a couple of weeks i cannot sync my activities anymore to Strava using the TomTom Software.
The activity is in TomTom Sports but fails to be uploaded to Strava (wrong credentials... even though i keep entering them).
I wonder if i am the only one having this issue and if it is related to TomTom's end of support.

Regards, Pascal

Hi Pascal,

You probably need to remove and re-enable the Strava exporter.

Regards,
Jürgen

If I'm guessing right @JuergenAMS you are the same person as Scubajorgen from TomTomWatch on Github?
There has been a bugfix 5 days ago.
I really hope you're willing to continue working on the project.
There are many many people depending on your TomTomWatch application.

My wish is if it's possible to incorporate workouts in the app. In the current version it displays just the header.

Hi Pascal,

You probably need to remove and re-enable the Strava exporter.

Regards,
Jürgen

Thanks Jürgen, that did the trick. i thought i did it before but i only "disabled/reenabled" the Strava exporter while you actually need to press the trash bin next to the Strava icon in TomTom Sports.
Thanks again

Pascal

Hi there - If I do Device->Activity History, I can see the saved routes on the watch

HISTORY ITEM - Running - 1 (0x00730001)
0x01 Duration 0h23'53"
0x02 Distance (m) 3730.64
0x05 Average pace (m/s) 2.60
0x14 Calories 313

But if I do Load - I get

Downloading routes... Please wait
Downloading 0 files... Please wait
Done downloading route files

What am I doing wrong ?

Hi there - If I do Device->Activity History, I can see the saved routes on the watch

HISTORY ITEM - Running - 1 (0x00730001)
0x01 Duration 0h23'53"
0x02 Distance (m) 3730.64
0x05 Average pace (m/s) 2.60
0x14 Calories 313

But if I do Load - I get

Downloading routes... Please wait
Downloading 0 files... Please wait
Done downloading route files

What am I doing wrong ?

Hello, look at my reply #13 in that thread: https://www.tomtomforums.com/thread...using-mysports-com-website.33703/#post-201131

if it does not answer/solve your issue

Regards, Pascal

Ask a Question