TomTom Rider 2

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Seem to be having problems with this device as I'm not to use the HOME software to get to the TomTom to set my password. Have the latest Software installed but doesn't seem to allow me access to the TomTom.

What do you mean by no access to your TT? Please provide abit more detail and maybe someone on the group can help you out.

If you have HOME 2.3, and operating version 7.54 in your device, and are using a 7.15 or maybe the 7.20 map you wont be able to "operate my Rider" on the HOME program. If you have a 675 map, it works fine. All other features and functions work.

Other than that small inconvience, my TTR2 works great.

Cheers

App is 7.54 and the Home Software is 2.3 version and I can't use my TT2 to set my password. When the program (HOME) starts and the device is plugged in a screen that looks like the TT appears and it says no maps available and it stays on that screen with no other options other then the "BACK" option. Very frustrating knowing that maybe the NuVo 550 would have been a better option.

hmm..ok, thats the same set up as mine.

When HOME opens, are you signing in?

I assume the password you refer to is to sign in. I might suggest you do that in the www.tomtom.com support section, or the one you used to register your unit when you first operated/authenticated it.

When you plug your TT into ur puter, does the TT ask you if you want to connect to the puter?

I have mine set to auto update when I plug in. It downloads any POI catagories I have picked, and uploads changes I have made.

If nothing else, call the support line, they are actually pretty good at helping you out. I might suggest you also email, even though it is useless at helping you, it sets up a reference number.

Log in on www.tomtom.com and go thru the Support section. Once said and done, phone them. I have always had very good success with phoning.

Dont give up on your TTR2. I have used it extensively on all my long distance bike trips (over 30,000km so far this year) and I think it is a better unit than my pals Zumo 450. He wishes he bought a Rider2.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes, the unit does update when need but when it comes to the other features, it's a no go.... I will try calling them tomorrow to see whats up but from reading in other threads, it does happen. Also, I'm not saying the unit sucks, just wished it work without a problem is all.

Thanks for the input...

Actually spoke with TomTom about the Rider 2 and according to them a new version, Version 2.4 should fix the problems I'm having along with others within this forum..... Lets hope it works and it doesn't take long for them to release it.

That sounds great, but were they able to help you with your current problems?

Cheers

They can't help me with the current problem until the new version is released. They do not have a date for it either other then soon. I guess I have to wait....

That seems very odd indeed. I dont have any probs using the same set up you have. Have you tried deleting the existing 2.3 and reinstalling it?...just a thought.

Every function on HOME works for me, with the exception of "operating my Rider" with my 715 map. Works fine with my 675 map though.

Cheers

That seems very odd indeed. I dont have any probs using the same set up you have. Have you tried deleting the existing 2.3 and reinstalling it?...just a thought.

Every function on HOME works for me, with the exception of "operating my Rider" with my 715 map. Works fine with my 675 map though.

Cheers

Thats the problem, everything does work, but not the operate my TT2 Rider.

ooooooo......I have misunderstood then. Yes, that has been an issue with the 715 map. Even though there are some that say it works, and TT is aware of that but cant explain why. To me thats not a huge issue, just would be nice if it worked. It does work if I connect using my 675 map.
I initially spoke to them about this about 3 months ago and they did try some things to get it to work, including trying to do a manual install of the emulator.
Operating the Rider on your puter makes it somewhat easier for planning itinerary's, etc, but its easily done right on the unit as well.
All of the other features on the HOME interface work fine.

Cheers

Rick in Canada

Cheers

Actually I do not have your map version, I have the other one hence the reason why it doesn't work..... Sorry I haven't gotten back to you been away.

Which other one do you have?

I think the only maps to date for the Rider2 are the original 667, then the 675 was an upgrade.

I recieved the 715 from support to "test", and now you could upgrade to 720.

The "operate your Rider2" feature on HOME will function using the 667 and 675, but not the V7's.

Cheers

Ask a Question