TomTom One update issues

I have a TomTom One running firmware version 5.45. After almost a year i decided to upgrade the firmware, however I lost the original disc so I'm using TomTom home v2. Anyway when I plug the tomtom into my computer the computer seems to recognise it and I can see it browse all file contents however the software doesn't seem to be communicating with the device. The instructions do say you may need to press 'yes to connect' on the tomtom when it is connected to the computer, but no such instruction appears.

Could it be the TomTom home 2 is not compatible with software 5.45, if so can anyone help me out with an older version of tomtom home.

any other solutions?

I have a TomTom One running firmware version 5.45. After almost a year i decided to upgrade the firmware, however I lost the original disc so I'm using TomTom home v2. Anyway when I plug the tomtom into my computer the computer seems to recognise it and I can see it browse all file contents however the software doesn't seem to be communicating with the device. The instructions do say you may need to press 'yes to connect' on the tomtom when it is connected to the computer, but no such instruction appears.

Could it be the TomTom home 2 is not compatible with software 5.45, if so can anyone help me out with an older version of tomtom home.

any other solutions?

I wouldn't think the "should I connect to PC" question that pops up on the TomTom should have anything to do with the TT HOME software. Many times, I have TT Home completely turned off (no icon in the lower tray, either) and whenver the USB cable is plugged from my PC into the TomTom, the question is asked.

I don't know anything about the 5.45 software, but perhaps it operates differently than the v6 or v7 software in its connection to the PC. Have you EVER connected to the PC since purchasing the TomTom?

any other solutions?

Exactly the same problem here - tried 2 PC's with two different USB cables. Firewall switched off and anti virus switched off - the software starts up fine but never get the 'YES' to connect and PC refuses to talk to the TT.

Just as an option, make sure you are plugging the TT into the back of the micro - as opposed to a USB hub or the front USB ports on your desktop. Sometimes they're not up to spec and can cause connection issues.

Of course, that doesn't rule out issues with the GPS unit as well...

Ask a Question