TomTom 1050 update issues

Hello,

I recently purchased a Go 1050 and I have been having trouble getting it to update. I down loaded the MyTomTom app and installed it on my PC (windows XP SP3). When I connet the device to the Laptop the application will say that there is new updates avaliable (Navigarot 10.558 and Australia Maps 870.3404). I login and click on "Start Downloading". The start downloading button goes gray and nothing happens. The Laptop and the TomTom sit idle (the TomTom sit on the main map screen and will eventualy power off, but I have managed to keep if or for 2 or so hours). I have reset the TomTom reinstalled my TomTom, tried on different PC's but I get the same result. I have also cleared the cache.
If the Device is disconnect from the laptop I get Installation interrupted. Please reconnect the device. I reconnect the device and nothing happens. The MyTomTom icon has a little blue arrow on.
The current details of the TomTom are:

Device SE4370H01728 (0) (39.0)
App 10.040.584798.31 (0) (4008, 7/10/2010)
GPS 2.16.207.75147, Boot 534808
Map: 'Australia' v855.2886
Language: English UK

Has anyone seen this before or any ideas on how to fix it?

Cheers

You have done just about everything the user has control over.

Just give the uninstall/reinstall one more shot BUT do this:

Download the freeware version of Revo Uninstaller from here:
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

and completely uninstall Home 3. Then get a fresh copy from here: tomtom.com/getstarted

Also, make sure when you get to the web page, you log in with the email address used to register the unit. Use the green 'MyTomtom' button on the right side to log in.

Try again for the updates.

If you get the same (non) results, I'm afraid you'll need to deal with Aussie support (1300 135 604).

Tell them what you've tried. Unless they can resolve the problem (and if they do, PLEASE report back here what the solution was), then tell them you want them to take back your unit and replace it with one flashed with the 870 map.

Ask a Question