tomtom one software

If you can see and manipulate files on the unit with your PC as a mass storage device (see if you can copy one back and forth), then the problem is how Home sees it, and it sounds more like a Home problem than anything else. Let us know if you can fiddle files manually or not.

Try the following:
- Run the clearflash tool here: www.tomtom.com/6178
- Unplug the device from the computer and use a paper clip to push the reset pin on the bottom
- Turn on the device, wait until it says "no maps found" or similar
- Plug the Tomtom into the computer, and the Tomtom should say "connect to computer?" on the screen
- Tap yes, and then see if Tomtom home recognizes the device

i installed that program and i think it did something as it rebooted the tomtom after the setup. i dont see the program anywhere installed however so i guess its a stand alone run each time?

tomtom home still does not recognize the tomtom. any other thoughts?

@mvl
I see that 7.131 holds a new 'system' file. I assume that's why you pointed him to that one, but ...
Didn't even the 'zero memory' units install the basic boot code into internal flash, and won't the device ignore the earlier boot from the 7.131 load since it goes 'the wrong way'?

Yes, however a minimum boot level is required for HOME2 to see the device. And that level isn't preinstalled.

Years ago, you could install HOME1, get it to upgrade to a newer/required boot software, then install Home2 and update the rest of the way. The approach above should shortcut the process, as I don't know if the server is alive to allow HOME1 to even function any more.

Ask a Question