TomTom ONE no longer sold in Canada?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Ok, well Futureshop and BestBuy has pulled the ONE off their websites. The GO 510 and 910 remain.

Any idea why? They're the best selling units up here.

Not sure why they would pull it off their website but the divice is still being sold in Canada through other resellers such as TheSource, Office Depot, and Canada Computers.

they are on backorder at both. I guess they had them on sale. I finally found one at the source. Apparently the Brampton Bestbuy still has a few in stock, try there.

It's essentially the same unit lol. No one's gonna know the difference other than it has internal memory.

I'm eager to see/hear reviews on the v3. I know Battom has an eye on one. We'll see how much the internal memory helps. My ONE runs smoothly, I'm not complaining, but it irks me a little when I see I have 0.3mb internal memory left... and sometimes 0.0mb!

Yeah, I heard it'll come with 128mb internal memory, as opposed to the 32mb it has now.

But that has nothing to do with RAM? I don't think they're changing it.

it's got everything to do with internal RAM...the whole idea of the v3 is for better operation performance.

I would tend to think that canada isn't selling any more ONEs cuz the v2 is already being outdated and stores are prepping for the v3 surge....

I KNOW if my wife doesn't take my v2 it'll be for sale the SECOND a get my v3!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, I heard it'll come with 128mb internal memory, as opposed to the 32mb it has now.
that would be 29MB not 32.. at least that's what's shown on mine.

edit: wait a minute.. 128MB?!?! Wouldn't that mean that TTS is technically possible in the new ONE because of the extra RAM?

The v3 has 1Gb internal memory.

TomTom and Globallocate chose the first day of the 2007 CES Show to announce that the TomTom ONE "would now be powered by Globallocate's hosted Hammerhead chipset with its optional AGPS over the Internet. It also adds 1Gb of built-in flash memory for convenient map storage, but the big news there was the partnership between TomTom and Globallocate that had been rumoured since mid-December.

so the question is... the new maps are over 1Gb in size, so you'll still evidently need an SD card, right?

TomTom ONE v2 (TT1 v2) - not to be found anywhere in Ontario or BC.

All Futureshop: SOLD OUT
All BestBuy: SOLD OUT

Both Futureshop and Bestbuy outlets in these provinces are sold out and they have no stock renewal date. Is the TT1 v2 being pulled for some reason, or are they gearing up for a new product. I can't understand why TomTom would have these huge outlets without stock for so long.

I also checked in the US, specifically Washington state and the major electronic stores are also sold out.

Does anyone have an idea on the delivery date for TT1 v3?

UPDATE:
Office Depot: SOLD OUT
The Source aka Radio Crap: SOLD OUT

I contacted TomTom HQ, and they told me that is very strange as the TT1 v2 is still in production and currently shipping. When I notified him of the fact that most of the main resellers are SOLD OUT, he had no answer.

I suspect TT! v3 coming soon. but when is the question.

Anybody see and TT1 v3 at any local reseller in NA, please post. I want to be the First to get one...sorry Battom.

Are you talking about in BC? In Ontario there is plenty of stock of TomTom ONE v2. I even called two places here in Toronto, one had 5 units the other 3.

Office Depot also displays it has online stock. :confused:

Well, BC is bone dry, I checked everywhere, so I called a buddy of mine in TO and he reported back that Futureshop and Bestbuy are dry aswell...websites for both outlets either don't list or are out of stock. Office Depot, last I checked, too expensive...

TT1 V3 next week at Futureshop??

Hmm...Battom, I'll be pitching a tent outside Futureshop to get mine first! :D

Well, BC is bone dry, I checked everywhere, so I called a buddy of mine in TO and he reported back that Futureshop and Bestbuy are dry aswell...websites for both outlets either don't list or are out of stock.

Oh, I agree with you on FS and BB not offering the TT1 v2 as its not listed on their website. However, I do disagree in that it's not available because it is, that is Toronto anyway.

Office Depot, last I checked, too expensive...

Didn't you just prove my point that you can still purchase it (albeit, not the best deal)?

Ask a Question