Tomtom One suddenly writing longer routes

My TomTom One, 3rd Edition as of yesterday has started writing routes that are neither shorter nor faster. In particular, I am planning a trip to Ottawa, On from Halifax, NS and I am being routed an extra 400km through the US. Is there a setting that might need to be changed or is this one of those little eccentricities that comes along with these devices?

Many thanks.

What application and map version do you have?

Have you just gotten an updated mapshare file which may have faulty data? Try to remove all mapshare changes and see how you are routed.

Hey, I just removed all mapshare corrections and it's still rerouting me through the US.
App version: 8.010
Map version: 815.2022

I had the latest map but reverted to the older one when I started having this problem thinking that it might have been the map update.

I've seen a similar post a couple of times on being routed around one of the great lakes. DHN, didn't it have something to do with either ferries or toll-roads, or Tomtom not recognizing a specific border-crossing? Might not have anything to do with the OP's issue, but thought it was worth a shot.

Hmmm, well, I hit the option to avoid toll roads and it took me the through the proper Canadian Route, but there are still a few toll roads to get me out of my province. It's just strange because I have punched in this trip before and it mapped out the proper route. It wasn't until early this week that it started acting up. Any other advice to try? I leave in 7 hours haha.

It appears the latest maps assign really slow road categories to Canadian roads. That's why you get sent into the US.

IQroutes devices don't use road categories for routing, instead they use actual historical driver speeds. Your only real solution here is to upgrade to an IQroutes device, or downgrade your map.

Maybe setting a waypoint will work. Plan your route, then click "find alternative" then "route via".

Ask a Question