AUX port on TomTom iPhone dock no longer working

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone here can help me with this issue.

I've happily owned a TomTom iPhone dock for a little over a year. I use it with my iPhone 3 for navigation, hands-free calling, and playing music via the AUX port on the TT dock itself. Never had any issues until three days ago, when the AUX port suddenly decided to stop working.

Here's what I've done so far to troubleshoot/attempt to isolate the problem:

1. Unplug ALL cables from the dock itself, let it rest for a few minutes, then re-plug. Bluetooth works fine, dock charges the phone, TomTom speaker works fine; AUX playback does not work.

2. Connect iPhone directly to the AUX cable while phone is NOT docked, to see if it's a cable issue. AUX playback works with this setup.

3. Connect the iPhone directly to the AUX cable while phone IS docked. AUX playback also works with this setup.

It seems as if the problem is with the port itself. Is this a common issue? I tried running a search on this forum, but didn't find any relevant answers. Any help will be appreciated.

Best,
lp.

Ask a Question