Interference heard with Aux Out, Car Charger

Hi all,

I just purchased a TomTom Go 930. I was very excited to use the gps's mp3 playing functionality. Unfortunately in my area, I soon found out that the fm transmitter is too weak to give me a clear enough sound. I switched to the aux out option and plugged it straight into my car's (Mazda3) aux port. I usually just leave my GPS charged with the cigarette lighter socket, but the charger is causing interference of some sort and there is buzzing, as well as a pitchy noise that corresponds in pitch with how much I accelerate on the pedal. Is there a way to get around this? Or how do I position cables so that interference isn't so prominent? Thanks!

Also, has anyone tried using TomTomPlayer, or Mobilnova's Media Center? I want to try it but am not sure of compatibility issues and the like. Cheers!

Fit a ground loop issolator between the TomTom audio output socket and the stereo input and the interference will stop, for a better solution consider the Bluetooth audio capability the TomTom offers, although this would require a stereo with A2DP Bluetooth support or an add on kit that either plugs into the ISO sockets on the rear of the stereo or an A2DP receiver plugged into the aux input of the stereo. Bluetooth means no interference and no wires so its a neater solution and sounds fantastic in use - Mike

Ask a Question