740 Live and Valentine One interference

MX1

TomTom Model(s)
740 Live
The 740 Live triggers many false alerts in my Valentine One radar detector. These false alerts happen every 3-5 Minutes, especially in areas without Live connectivity. If connectivity exists it appears to happen less frequently but the problem still exists. I assume it always happens when the 740 Live tries to establish a connection.

I tried to move the 740 Live to different positions but it does not make any difference.

I spoke with Valentine Research support and they are aware of this problem, but they don't think there will be a solution anytime soon. They say the problem is caused by the TomTom devices.

Just wanted to let everybody know in case you are considering using both of these.

That will be the GPRS modem kicking the other detector in to thinking there is a threat present, try seperating the two devices by putting them either side of the driving position - Mike

The 740 Live triggers many false alerts in my Valentine One radar detector. These false alerts happen every 3-5 Minutes, especially in areas without Live connectivity. If connectivity exists it appears to happen less frequently but the problem still exists. I assume it always happens when the 740 Live tries to establish a connection.

I tried to move the 740 Live to different positions but it does not make any difference.

I spoke with Valentine Research support and they are aware of this problem, but they don't think there will be a solution anytime soon. They say the problem is caused by the TomTom devices.

Just wanted to let everybody know in case you are considering using both of these.

The 740 Live, which I also have, can cause problems with other electronic devices- one being a pacemaker!!

No Valentine problem

I have a 740 and a Valentine both mounted on my dash, about 6" apart. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any interference. Both working fine.

Ask a Question