TomTom ONE no longer sold in Canada?

Oh, I agree with you on FS and BB not offering the TT1 v2 as its not listed on their website. However, I do disagree in that it's not available because it is, that is Toronto anyway.

Didn't you just prove my point that you can still purchase it (albeit, not the best deal)?

OD online option available, in store SOLD OUT - BC :)

:D :D JUST PICKED UP THE NEW TOMTOM ONE V3!!! from Futureshop! .... picked up the last one! :D :D

They sold out in 2 days, AGAIN :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1GB Internal and Hammerhead GPS Chip!! :D

Gotta Play NOW!!! ;)

Last edited:
Sweet! Can't wait to hear about the performance of the v3. Can you please confirm that it does NOT have text-to-speech? Would be so super sweet if it did though!

Here's some picks of the box, so you know what to look for when you visit the store. ;)

You'll notice the SiRFStar III logo is missing from the logo list on the back of the box, and you'll see 1GB for internal memory, everything else looks the same.

tt1frntbxio3.th.jpg

tt1bckbxop8.th.jpg

tt1bckclsupkc3.th.jpg

tt1bckbxlogodo1.th.jpg

Last edited:
Friggg!! :mad: :eek: How the hell do you post larger images?? :confused: imageshack keeps resizing! Any ideas or options!

So what I'm wondering is... if the maps are all on the INTERNAL memory, what happens if you put a 2g card in there with the North America maps?

Hey that's pretty cool. There was an earlier post about another member picking up the new ONE v3. It turns out that BB and FS were making room for the new models.

Although, it came out very quietly.

So what I'm wondering is... if the maps are all on the INTERNAL memory, what happens if you put a 2g card in there with the North America maps?

I would like to know this as well.

I've seen somewhere that if you insert an SD card with a map on it, you no longer have access to the internal map until you remove the card. So you can't have them all available at once!

Hmmm, so I wonder how/if the INTERNAL memory helps this device at all when using an external SD card. I'm referring to my current ONE having 0.3mb RAM free. It still performs well, I just figured with more internal memory, it would perform better. I guess time will tell.

In another posting on one of the other forums (which I can't track down again), an British owner of the new model tried putting all of the speed camera data on an sd card. But when he inserted it, the TomTom could no longer access the map on the internal memory.

So it doesn't really seem to be much different than just swapping cards when you change maps. What possible advantage is there to having the memory built in? Is it cheaper to manufacture? At least you can't lose your card!

In another posting on one of the other forums (which I can't track down again), an British owner of the new model tried putting all of the speed camera data on an sd card. But when he inserted it, the TomTom could no longer access the map on the internal memory.

So it doesn't really seem to be much different than just swapping cards when you change maps. What possible advantage is there to having the memory built in? Is it cheaper to manufacture? At least you can't lose your card!

That is my current understanding of the internal memory from the first source you link to. It seems to ignore the internal memory if an SD card is loaded in the slot?!?! Can one of the new owners of the v3 confirm?

Ask a Question