TomTom for iPhone no longer navigates to the street number

I use Tom Tom for the iPhone, since the iPhone OS for update and subsequently the Tom Tom update it is no longer navigating to a specific street address instead it is only navigating to the street.

Example: if I want to navigate to 400 Bower Avenue Christchurch it simply takes me to Bower Avenue and no longer navigates me to be specific address as it used to.

Another example; I was navigating to 130 Madras Street Christchurch. I was coming from the east and Tom Tom told me to turn right/north onto Madras Street. The only problem with this is 130 was south of my location.

I've been experiencing this problem for a few weeks now and it has become so frustrating I'm no longer using Tom Tom for iPhone, I have purchased another product.

Are you putting the address in manually?
Are you using your contact and or google?

I have noticed when using a street address from google or from my contact, it goes,
State
City
street
then house number.

all is fine and it will show the address

If I choose google or contacts, all is fine except it lists the street name then the number (house number) and will only take me to the start of that street. It seems to be a know error, and should be worked on in an update. I can not remember if I read it here or in the 740 section.

found the thread it is here
"Address number bug"

Just a little correction:
It does not take you to the beginning of the street, but to the closest point of the street. That may be the beginning, the end or in the middle depending on where you come from

I've since been informed this is a known fault and will be resolved in a future update.

In the mean time, I'm more than happy using an alternative product.

Ask a Question