tomtom iphone map version

Hey guys

I've just recently purchased tomtom europe app for my iphone 4. My map version is quoted as ''870.3407''. Although, I've heard some speculation that the recent map is 875 and not 870. Is this really true? And if so is the difference between the versions significant?

Waiting for reply.

Thanks.

The iPhone app currently released is indeed using a V870 map, the pnd (stand alone navigation devices) are using V875 which are about three months more up to date. In reality this means very little.
The major plus point is that iPhone users have been getting new map updates for free, those with a PND have to pay each time, I am sure you will agree its better to have three month old maps that are free than costly updates every few months - Mike

Hey

Thanks for the reply.

You're absolutely right. Though I was wondering if theres a way to install tomtom verified map updates on the iphone and filter out the corrections which are not verified?

I don't know if the iPhone app has the same option as the hardware devices, but those have a MapShare preferences slider with about 5 levels of "trust" for the map corrections.

To be honest, I've often felt like trusting the ones from users more than the ones from TT themselves!

EDIT: actually, the "Trust level" slider was done in the settings of the "Home" utility on the PC.

On the new devices that don't use Home, it's done on the machine itself, but it has reduced to three levels:
Yes if verified by TomTom.
Yes if verified by TomTom or confirmed by another user.
Yes, always.

and you're FORCED to choose one of them. There doesn't seem to be a way to opt out once you've opted in. I'd never noticed that!

MapShare is either on or off with the iPhone there are no levels to set for trusted sources - Mike

Ask a Question