TomTom Discussions Community Closure

Many of the posts were from customers that had purchased the latest TomTom devices who had operational problems eg specific services were not working, traffic, maps etc.
Admin there eg Vikram, would get his team to resolve the services on their servers.

What will happen now is anyone's guess, but I suspect many people, who's devices are not functioning as they should, will return their devices to the store they bought it from and TomTom's reputation as a manufacturer will be futher tarnished.

Given there is no longer any telephone numbers to contact TT, nor any customer services available for users, TomTom may well regret the day they've closed the discussions forum down.

Only one leg is dangerous. Too much has already gone wrong. Is OSM the right thing to do?

Many of the posts were from customers that had purchased the latest TomTom devices who had operational problems eg specific services were not working, traffic, maps etc.
Admin there eg Vikram, would get his team to resolve the services on their servers.

What will happen now is anyone's guess, but I suspect many people, who's devices are not functioning as they should, will return their devices to the store they bought it from and TomTom's reputation as a manufacturer will be futher tarnished.

Given there is no longer any telephone numbers to contact TT, nor any customer services available for users, TomTom may well regret the day they've closed the discussions forum down.
Completely agree with @elton. Had issues with TomTom Go Navigation app only having live traffic on Wi-Fi (not very useful when you’re in the car) so I would have posted there and would have received some guidance.
Thankfully resolved now

Klaus, I thought they had done the OSM bit already.

I was referring to the company possibly only working with automotive manufacturers, no end users.

They have new plans with OSM maps and data from the different car manufacturers regarding the available info from the cars. The 70 TT cars for map production are coming down the cellar. And pre-contracts amounting to 2.4 billion euros.

Welcome to TTF. How was your problem resolved, may I ask?
In the end by a tried and tested method I deleted the app completely and downloaded it again and also reset my iPhone . I recently updated the app and also the iPhone software at the same time so I’m guessing that’s what caused it.

Totally stunned the support forums on the Tom Tom site have been shut down after I thought their last update bricked my Go5000 but it seemed the map download got corrupt and after a bit faffing about putting the memory card in and out at just the right time managed to get it to spark up again and apply another update and now its back up and running.
I bet this place is going to see a high foot fall now, hope your servers and bandwidth limits are up to it.

I created this profile a while ago for spying, not sure if I can change my username now.

But hey, my display picture gave it away I think!

Ask a Question