TomTom Discussions Community Closure

That reminded me I hadn't checked on a pending report from last June. It is still pending. It relates to the removal of a temporary speed limit which has know reverted to the National speed limit. However I believe that for such reports they are not actioned until confirmed by reports from a number of different users. Perhaps that is also the case with access only streets.

Also it occurs to me that it may not be possible to block such roads, in the mapping, because the destination might lie within the restricted zone in which case access is permitted.

I have reported a few mapping errors, and despite a long implementation delay, they have been corrected.
None of them were speed related though,

Is that supposed to take us to the street you reported because it actually ends up at the world view.

Tony, no. It was only intended to lead other interested members to the world view.
The restricted street is Nelson St. in Chesterfield UK

Just realized it will be twelve months at the end of this month since TT shut down their official forum

Has there been an increase in use of this forum? I was new to here last December so have no idea how quiet it was before but it doesn't seem to have that many visitors when I do log on.
I only ever read the iPhone Go Navigation subform as that's the only TomTom product that I have but that has a fraction of the number of posts that there used to be on the official forum.

I only ever read the iPhone Go Navigation subform as that's the only TomTom product that I have but that has a fraction of the number of posts that there used to be on the official forum.
Logically when Tomtom closed the official forum they deleted all the forum messages at the same time.

Logically when Tomtom closed the official forum they deleted all the forum messages at the same time.
I was referring to the daily average number of posts. In the now deleted forum there used to be daily posts regarding iOS Go Navigation. Here in the equivalent subform days or even weeks can pass by without a single new post. It's disappointing not to see more posts.

We found this instead to be most illogical. A great deal of exceptionally useful information was lost. At nearly no cost to TT, the server could have continued to be operated in read-only mode for a time.

We found this instead to be most illogical. A great deal of exceptionally useful information was lost. At nearly no cost to TT, the server could have continued to be operated in read-only mode for a time.
I agree 100%. It was also deeply insulting to the many TomTom customers who had contributed to the forum over the years to have this valuable knowledge base trashed.

Here in the equivalent subform days or even weeks can pass by without a single new post. It's disappointing not to see more posts.
Whether for Ios, Android, or GPS, people only post a message when they have a problem, they are not going to post a message just to say everything is fine.

And perhaps it shows that I'm doing something right. Since I took over the FAQs for our mobile apps I try to push as much content as possible online so people can find their answers themselves.

Whether for Ios, Android, or GPS, people only post a message when they have a problem, they are not going to post a message just to say everything is fine.
I seriously doubt that the quality of the software has improved so radically in the past year that people aren't encountering the same number of problems but at least on an official forum there was some hope that the developers would fix reported bugs although the problem with garbled street names has been reported for literally years with no sign of a fix.

No disrespect to this forum but I suspect that the simple reason for fewer posts is that the footfall here is way lower than it was on the official forum.

Normally if a problem with the application on IOS the messages are posted directly on the Apple store.

@Willy875 is right. We usually see reports on issues first in the App Store and Google Play. But I'm also monitoring this forum and address issues if they are reported.

And perhaps it shows that I'm doing something right. Since I took over the FAQs for our mobile apps I try to push as much content as possible online so people can find their answers themselves.
Well done. Thank you!

@Willy875 is right. We usually see reports on issues first in the App Store and Google Play. But I'm also monitoring this forum and address issues if they are reported.
Alas... there are no analogous sites for TomTom's PND devices.

For PND it works old-school by the logging of contacts that support agents are doing.
Yes, but how can other users see the solutions? We do not see the logs, and now all that is left is the 'chat' system. The forum was available 24/7.

Yes, but how can other users see the solutions? We do not see the logs, and now all that is left is the 'chat' system. The forum was available 24/7.
I see what you mean. But I also keep an eye on the New posts section and if there's something that only I can answer due to internal knowledge then I'll do that. It's just that my knowledge about PND is no longer the best since my focus moved to mobile.

Ask a Question