TomTom Announces new 930, 730 and 530 at CeBit

Any chance the 920 would get a software update to enable these features? I'm still in my 30 day window on my 920T purchase, so I'm wondering now if I should return it and wait for the new 930 to drop next month.

I read somewhere that the IQ Routing will not be available on older TT models through firmware updates.

Well, had a new GO 730 for several days now, After many problems, lack of features on another post, the unit has finally went bonkers, it has got to where it wont turn on or off, reboots over and over. Last nite I turned it off and when I came back to the car, it would not start up and was warm to the touch. Tried ext power cord with no luck, but it finally started up. Something is wrong with this puppy. Trying right now to either take it back or trade it for a new one. I never had any problems with my Garmin 2730 and it is a couple years old now. I dont think TomTom is up par with Garmin at this part. TomTom 730 is more programmable than the new 700 series Garmins, but I need one to work when I want it too and this 730 has been flakey so far!

One thing I did not do initially is back up the unit on computer. I now read that you need to do this time you get it! Maybe this would have cured my problem, but dont know.

i'd imagine IQ routing will only be available on x30 tomtom's, so the 930 is probably your best bet for IQ routes, lane guidance, etc..

Last edited:
Well If they dont include these features in a firmware update.. I tell you this, My next device will NOT be a TOMTOM.. It will be the Navigon, which invented lane guidence and now has newer rolling/3d map tarrain amung others.

They have newer devices and should have thier performance issues resolved originally found in the 7100. Reason I went from TomTom Go 700 to 920 instead of the Navigon 7100 (which I considered for these very features).

I have a 920, dont get me wrong I love my tomtom, but if they dont do us right, I will not re-invest this much money on a new device that has virually the same hardware just for software features.. It will be the last TOMTOM I buy.. IF they dont do us right on this that is..:mad:

Well If they dont include these features in a firmware update.. I tell you this, My next device will NOT be a TOMTOM.. It will be the Navigon, which invented lane guidence and now has newer rolling/3d map tarrain amung others.

They have newer devices and should have thier performance issues resolved originally found in the 7100. Reason I went from TomTom Go 700 to 920 instead of the Navigon 7100 (which I considered for these very features).

I have a 920, dont get me wrong I love my tomtom, but if they dont do us right, I will not re-invest this much money on a new device that has virually the same hardware just for software features.. It will be the last TOMTOM I buy.. IF they dont do us right on this that is..:mad:

I understand you... But my main point is any navigational instrument manufacturer may try to entice users by promoting some nice sounding features but how well are those features implemented? How many highways have the ALG and reality view? How much data has been accumulated for the highways I am likely to use and benefit from IQ routing? The truth is you will have a very hard time getting that information! There is nothing I dislike more than having my expectations up and finding the reality is quite different and be told "This is in LA, SF, NY and Chicago but just wait a couple years and it will be there where you live, if you buy the new map"...

IQ Routes on the 920

Ok i have had several people now at tomtom tell me that IQ Routes will be available to the tomtom 920 as long as they do the new map update to the 8.10 version everyone at tomtom told me that IQ Routes is in the maps and not on the devices themselves i sold my tomtom 920 to my brother and bought the 930 and he did a map update and he now has IQ Routes I hope this helps someone :D

Ask a Question