Tomtom 750 Map Update Requires Activation

Revision to your list??

After doing step 3 using Finder, skip step 4. Seriously.

Step 6? I like that, make it a cold one, eh? :)

Brand spanking new TT now in my possession. Work fine, all bar the live services. Have started a new TT account on home to save confusion but it keeps saying the server has encountered an error. Guess live is down at the mo. The sim shows as connected but it says it cant retrieve account information at this time.
Can still get from a to b!

Did you register the new device using the same e-mail as the previous faulty unit? if so you will need to phone TomTom on Monday (0845 161 0009) to resolve the issue as you MUST use a unique e-mail address for each device (it doesn't need to be an active e-mail account, anything in the e-mail format will suffice) - Mike

Hi Mike,
No, I thought of that and it is registered with a different email address. Keeps coming up either operation cancelled or with a server error. WIth the anonymous account it won't pick up account information either.

Number 2 going well already!
Cheers

Tomtom no longer requires the user to enter activation codes, as HOME enters them automatically.

With the GO 750, there's insufficient space for map 840, and HOME crashes before copying the activation code. You need to copy it manually from Mikealder's location, or call Tomtom phone support and they'll walk you through the copying step-by-step.

Second, if you downloaded your map around Christmas, Tomtom map servers were so overloaded that they often errored and didn't provide the activation code to your computer. In that case you need to call Tomtom to get the code resent.

Ask a Question