TomTom 540TM - reboot issue

I am on my second 540TM. I've had it for months and just connected it to my laptop for the first time today. Until now, it had been working fine. However, I wanted to update firmware, maps, traffic, etc..., so I connected it via TT Home. I finished up and turned it back on. When I got to the navigation screen, where you hit "address" in order to input that information, it would lock up - when I would press the address icon, it would freeze. After about 30 seconds, it would reboot. Again, I tried to enter the address. Again, it froze and rebooted.

Anyone? I'm pretty unhappy right now.

Did you not make any form of backup before you let Home loose on it?

Any idea WHAT you let it update?
(from and to)

Connect the unit to Home. run the emulator (Operate my Unit). Navigate to-->Street & Address. In the city screen, make sure your state is selected, not just the generic USA symbol. Complete the route with a destination.

Disconnect from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Any better?

Connect the unit to Home. run the emulator (Operate my Unit). Navigate to-->Street & Address. In the city screen, make sure your state is selected, not just the generic USA symbol. Complete the route with a destination.

Disconnect from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Any better?

I have had to do this after my first update with my 540TM. It should work. After the first update, I've done it but I don't think it's been needed.

Ask a Question