TomTom XXL540TM -- Portable power supply needed

My grandson now uses the TomTom XXL540TM in pedestrian mode and since the battery will last for only 2.5 hours, so I have read... I wondered if anyone was using a portable USB power stick to use for additional power if the TT runs out of power while he is using it walking in the city?
Is anyone using a USB Power Stick (or something similar) with their TT XXL540TM?
Or, does anyone know if a "Power Stick" would work with this unit?
(We charge it at home using AC/.USB adapter [5V 1A], which came with unit.)
Can anyone help?
Thank you for any help.
Alice

I've lost track of which units have the original USB style connectors on the bottom, but if yours has the "standard" USB Mini-B connector, there are a number of 3rd party devices designed to add time to portable MP3 players and the like. I purchased one for my TomTom to use in Europe for a week and it added another two hours to my time.

The Powerstick is only 750mA. You'll want something with more juice than that (your unit uses a 1300mA pack). One like this Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices - K38021US - Kensington will give you better run time. There's quite a few out there.

Ask a Question