Tom Tom Start 60

TomTom Model(s)
Start 6
The above mentioned is not recognised by my compuer and on trying to download I get error code 1006.

Can anyone help

Are you using MyTomTom with that device (get it at tomtom.com/getstarted).

Also, that model should appear as a network device in My Computer, NOT a removable drive.

What are you trying to download when that error code appears, and how are you trying to download it?

Are you using MyTomTom with that device (get it at tomtom.com/getstarted).

Also, that model should appear as a network device in My Computer, NOT a removable drive.

Yes I do go to TomTom etc but get error code 1006 regarding drivers

In My Computer-->Network Adapters, see if the tomtom IS listed but is disabled. If so, enable it.

And just to clarify which app you are trying to run, since I'm still muddled about it after the discussion above ...

There are two different PC applications for TomTom devices. One is called TomTom Home, and the other is called MyTomTom. That you mentioned "Home" at all is worrisome unless you previously had a TomTom that used it and have just become accustomed to calling it that. Your Start 60 uses MyTomTom, NOT TomTom Home.

Ask a Question