Speech recognition Problem Go 750

Hi

I have a new Go 750.

I have two probs hope someone can help.

Firstly, the speech recognition for putting in addresses etc is fine at home but will not work in the car. The tomtom is not farfrom me and this is also on quiet roads.

Secondly, I sometimes get a message saying that there is a problem with the Sim card error 1001, when I want traffic info.

Can anyone help, does this need to go back or will any updates help

Thanks

Welcome to TTF.

One of our supermods, mikealder, is European (UK) based and probably will pop into this thread within the next 24 hours. We don't have the 750 model in North America but I'm pretty sure he is aware of the sim 1001 error and may have some ideas about dealing with it.

Regarding the speech recognition........

The speech icons are active, I presume, but the unit just isn't interpreting what you are saying.....is that what you mean?

hi, thanks for the reply. Yes the icons are active but it doesnt respond to my voice commands in the car

Does the voice meter always show red when you talk? Or yellow?

Are you using the same loudness in both home and car? Obviously, the ambient sound is causing an issue.

Is your mouth the same distance in both places to the microphone?

Hi

From what i remember (not got the TT with me ) its sometimes red sometimes yellow.

I am speaking the same volume or (even louder in the car) and my mouth is the same distance away from the mic

Strangely, try softer and see. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. After all, the unit doesn't know where it is when you are voicing commands. So it is just surrounding noise that must be affecting it.

As for the 1001 SIM error I assume you have an active subscription for the Live services or your device is still within the first 12 months of purchase.

If the above is correct then give TomTom a ring on 0845 161 0009 and ask them to reset your account as the problem is more than likely on their server rather than your device - Mike

Ask a Question