GO 720 Speech Recognition and Map Share update

gem

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Two days ago I successfully added the Speech Recognition "patch" in support_asr.dat.

Last night I tried the free (12 mth) Map Share feature and got an update to my 710.1584 load and the Speech Recognition would not work. The icons were there, it asked for me to speak and showed it was "listening" but, it could not hear me.

I tried reset but it did not work.

Fortunately, I had made a back up right before the change and when I restored it Speech Recognition functioned perfectly again!

Do you think they have made the fix to prevent 720s from functioning like 920s?

I will have a backup before applying ANY map whether map share (which I disabled) and new releases like the reported 715.

The new map you downloaded probably does not have the required speech-recognition data, your old map did. If the icons are there and it is 'listening' to you, they obviously have not 'fixed' it. You are not using the right map any more though.

The new map you downloaded probably does not have the required speech-recognition data, your old map did. If the icons are there and it is 'listening' to you, they obviously have not 'fixed' it. You are not using the right map any more though.

Can anyone w/ map v715 confirm this?? :confused: :eek:

I passed my 30-day latest map guarantee by 7-10 days and thought about calling TT CS to see if they could grant me the new update, but if SR is NOT supported, I might have to pass on this offer...

I have the 715 and my voice input still works. I tried it right after I downloaded it last night. Just tried it again and yes it still works fine.

Last edited:
From what I recall, somewhere on the TT site for the UK, they were advertising the TT720 as having speech recognition so not sure why they would try to disable it...must have been a glitch

I have a tt 720 using the latest 715 map and my voice reconignition still works like it did with the 710 map I had in it before the upgrade to 715 map

Ask a Question