speech recognition go 720

i had a go 720 which had voice recognition. I sent it to tomtom because of other problems. They sent me back a new go 720 and the voice recognition was disabled. I updated to the newest app 8.31 and the newest maps 825 and it still didnt work. I called tomtom and a supervisor told me that tomtom disabled the feature in the go 720. Can anyone help me get the proper files for the voice recognition to work?

Do you still have a full backup of the old device on the computer as the necessary files should be still in the old backup? - Mike

Do you have a bunch of csspeechxx.dat files in your NA map folder? If so, do you have a text file called support_asr.dat with just a 1 in it and the file is in the asr folder? If so, try a pin reset. If not, just create the file using notepad and put it in the folder.

Or you can use the file I've attached BUT you must rename it to support_asr.dat from the current support_asr.txt as this forum software does not allow for the attachments with a .dat extension.

Attachments

• support_asr.txt
    4 bytes · Views: 400
Voice recognintion only works when u have selected a particular STATE not the whole country. Try selecting your State instead of USA.

Ask a Question