Assisted Speech Recognition with app 8.010

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
I just downloaded the new firmware 8.010 yesterday and I notice I don't have any icon for Voice Recognition even thou there is an ASR file and speech files in map directory.

Has anyone else had this isue ??

I just downloaded the new firmware 8.010 yesterday and I notice I don't have any icon for Voice Recognition even thou there is an ASR file and speech files in map directory.

Has anyone else had this isue ??

Others have reported that problem, too. Try the Clear Flash utility here

Last edited:
after doing some searching and looking at other threads I was able to come up with the fix for VR. I found this file in the 702 VR isue and copyed this fil in my ASR file.
Voila it worked.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7353

https://www.tomtomforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1546&d=1201992844

GarCor......

What file exactly are you referring to? The support_asr.dat file? If so, I thought you said you already had that. Looking forward to your reply cuz there are lots reporting that VR got killed with the update.

GarCor......

What file exactly are you referring to? The support_asr.dat file? If so, I thought you said you already had that. Looking forward to your reply cuz there are lots reporting that VR got killed with the update.

yes that is the file even though I found it in the Go 720 section the link to the post & the link to the file is in above and it works with the Go 920 as well.

Just updated to 8.010 on my GO920 (v720 map), voice seems to be there still, however, Compass icon in the Preferences has been replaced by the ALG icon.
Again, this feature isn't enable due to map version.
And on the navigating screen, compass indication is totally useless, and the worst part is it's there, on the screen (since I turnt it on w/ 7.481)

Just updated to 8.010 on my GO920 (v720 map), voice seems to be there still, however, Compass icon in the Preferences has been replaced by the ALG icon.
Again, this feature isn't enable due to map version.
And on the navigating screen, compass indication is totally useless, and the worst part is it's there, on the screen (since I turnt it on w/ 7.481)

Compass icon is in status bar preferences and it always points ( N ) like any compass should.

Compass icon is in status bar preferences and it always points ( N ) like any compass should.

Nah.....for people with a crappy sense of direction (like me :eek: ), I like to know what direction I'm actually driving .... especially when there is no sun to assist. :D

Nah.....for people with a crappy sense of direction (like me :eek: ), I like to know what direction I'm actually driving .... especially when there is no sun to assist. :D

In Change Preferences->Status Bar Preferences, there is an option to enable direction. Once ticked the status bar would display the direction of your travel (like N,W,E,W) along with some degree value. Thought you can use only a max of 5 options in the status bar.

In Change Preferences->Status Bar Preferences, there is an option to enable direction. Once ticked the status bar would display the direction of your travel (like N,W,E,W) along with some degree value. Thought you can use only a max of 5 options in the status bar.

Thanks....I was aware of that option. But, as you say, selecting that causes me to lose an option I prefer to have on the status bar.

After doing some searching and looking at other threads I was able to come up with the fix for VR.
I found this file in the Voice Recognition on 720 isue by Pedro 2NR and copied this file in my ASR file on my Go 920.
Voila it worked.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7353

https://www.tomtomforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1546&d=1201992844

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! I dowloaded the file, put it in my ASR folder & YAHOOOOOO I have VR again! After bitching at TT support & getting an oh-well from them this is awsome!

Ask a Question