Speech Recognition Files Not Installed?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
I recently restored my TomTom 920 and for some reason, now speech recognition isn't working. When I want to try it, a message pops up saying "Speech recognition files not installed." I have restored from the same backup in the past without any problems.
link removed
I downloaded the North America speech recognition files and copied them to the TomTom (they were already on there, but I replaced them with the just downloaded ones to be sure). Still no luck.

Anybody have any idea how this can be fixed?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently restored my TomTom 920 and for some reason, now speech recognition isn't working. When I want to try it, a message pops up saying "Speech recognition files not installed." I have restored from the same backup in the past without any problems.
link removed
I downloaded the North America speech recognition files and copied them to the TomTom (they were already on there, but I replaced them with the just downloaded ones to be sure). Still no luck.

Anybody have any idea how this can be fixed?
Thanks

Check the asr file...it should have a "1" in it.

Also, you cant have VR set up for BOTH US and Euro maps on the same memory space! Only way it works is if you have one set of VR enabled maps on an SD card.

Ther is a thread about this some pages back.

Ask a Question