speech recognition files

How to install speech recognition files on tom tom go 920 ?
I see the button on the device but is disabled. I dont see any option in tom tom home also.

You need:
1. A bunch of cspeechxx.dat files in the North America map folder.
2. A computer voice selected.
3. A text file called support_asr.dat with just a 1 in it, no spaces, quotes or anything else. This file goes into the asr folder on your unit. Make sure you have extensions for known files types showing because you don't want to create a file really called support_asr.dat.txt

I have attached the file BUT you MUST rename it to support_asr.dat and then place it in your asr folder.

Attachments

• support_asr.txt
    4 bytes · Views: 578
You need:
1. A bunch of cspeechxx.dat files in the North America map folder.
2. A computer voice selected.
3. A text file called support_asr.dat with just a 1 in it, no spaces, quotes or anything else. This file goes into the asr folder on your unit. Make sure you have extensions for known files types showing because you don't want to create a file really called support_asr.dat.txt

I have attached the file BUT you MUST rename it to support_asr.dat and then place it in your asr folder.
Hi ,

Thanks for the file. However I already have the support_asr.dat file in the ASTR folder. But I dont have the cspeechxx.dat files in my North America folder. Where do I get these files from ?

Thanks

Use Home to look at items on my computer. See if a map is listed. If so, click on 'more info' just to ensure it is the correct one.

Now, use Explorer to go to the location of the cab file (or zip) of the map. View the contents with unzip or equivalent utility. More than likely, you'll see your cspeech files in the map folder. Extract them and copy them to the specific map folder on your unit.

Ask a Question