So, is the new update good or not????

I have hesitated to update until I hear it's good or not. I finally have my 720 not stuttering by spending way to much time on the tele with a TomTom rep - he told me not to download 8.301 again no matter what, so opinions on 8.302???

What is the general consensus out there?

I have hesitated to update until I hear it's good or not. I finally have my 720 not stuttering by spending way to much time on the tele with a TomTom rep - he told me not to download 8.301 again no matter what, so opinions on 8.302???

How did you end up fixing your stuttering 720?

Firmware 8.302 appears to have solved the stuttering problem so far .............but it might be best to see what transpires over the next day or so. Certainly, I have NOT seen anybody on this forum say they still have the stuttering issue after installing 8.302.

Yes... it works fantastically... the only thing it fixes is lag and stuttering... and that it does well.

Looks like 8.302 is a 100 percent success, now that the "Operate my Go" file is available for auto-download. Stuttering gone, finally. Lag gone and "Operate my Go" works. What more could we want? :D

-Frank

Looks like 8.302 is a 100 percent success, now that the "Operate my Go" file is available for auto-download. Stuttering gone, finally. Lag gone and "Operate my Go" works. What more could we want? :D

-Frank

FM to be reinstated to US and Aust users?

The problem lies with a lot of the 9 series go users, as they have world maps.
The software needs to know when you access those maps, FM needs to be disabled else enable the FM for navigation commands.

From what I hear, other than no FM Mod for spoken driections, I think I am going to give 8.302 a whirl.

Anyone know where I can get the new navcore for the 720 other than from tomtom home? I downloaded my 8.010 from tomotoms site if I remmeber right a while back and wonderr if you can do the same with the new 8.302. Hmmm.... :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a download of NavCore 8.302 for my x20. All is good. Now to download the newest maps. Hope this doesnt take to long.

Last edited:
I still have TT version 8.3 with the stuttering. Can I just hook up to TT home and update to vsn 8.302 (which seems to take care of the studdering) or do I have to jump through hoops and do a separate download and play games to get it installed?

It should offer the dl. Accept it and let it dl and install.....

but...............

Make a complete Explorer backup first (just in case). Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

I actually had to do it twice to get it to work properly. The first time, I had no speech at all. I did a restore (that's why you should do a backup) and tried again a couple days later. Works like a charm now.

You MUST stay with the 8.302 , it totally solved studdering. don't go backward.

Thanks, I've been hesitant to do any updates because some of the posts earlier in this forum indicated that 8.302 didn?t solve the stuttering problem. I?ll try it tonight.

8.302 appears to have solved the stuttering problem in 99% of the cases. A few I've seen still report hesitancy in saying words and delays, but not many. Majority are clearly satisfied with application 8.302.

I have updated to 8.302 and have not had a single stutter yet. It does seem to take a bit longer to find the satellites thought. It was taking a while to find that last bar on my signal strength bar but once it found it it seemed quick after that. Could have been the initial update and updating its location. I don't really know but so far other than the FM Mod for spoken directions being gone still, I am very happy. :)

The POI icon look really nice too on the screen when you are driving compared to the ones in navcore v8.010. :)

I also have to say that my stuttering issue went away after doing the 8.3.02 application upgrade, thank goodness, I was going mad dealing with hearing Karen missing many words!

I have yet to try out the latest Navcore. I'm still on 8.204. Glad that many of the problems have been fixed. I might try it out soon enough.

Ask a Question