Silly questions: activating advanced options

Hi,

This is a really silly question but how do I activate "advanced options" (like customizing statusbar, change warning conditions etc.)?

I got a brand new XL IQ Routes v2, App ver. 9.071.503856.2, OS ver. 498303.

When I asked the support they answered that there should be an option in "change settings" (doesn't have my unit here so the titles are free translation from swedish, might be horribly wrong .) to "show all menu options" on the last page. The problem is that I don't have a "change settings" option, what I got is a "preferences" option in the "statusbar" on the main menu. In preferences I only got the options:
Change voice, Set clock, Change language, Home and favorites, Voices and pictures, Map corrections and the buttons "Done" and "Advanced". No second page, arrow, information in the top left text about a second page.

If I click Advanced I find this menu:
Choose units (km/miles, how to show time etc.), Use lef/right hand, Keyboard settings, Activate/deactivate warnings, Change map, Restore to factory defaults. Once again no second page, arrow etc.

I've also tried to find something on the version/copyright page but nothing... tried clicking the buttons with speed limit, directions etc. but found nothing, same thing if I click the map to get to the main menu, no change settings option.

I'm probably missing something really obvious but I cannot see where, please help me :)

By the way, the swedish support are looking around for an answer since they didn't have a XL IQR v2 at the office yet so hopefully I'll get an answer that way but I figured this might be quicker.

Regards,
Erik

I believe that new model has a 'simplified' menu structure (originally implemented on the Start/Ease models last year).

As such, the choices you see are the choices you get.

Are there no way to get around this? In the description when I bought it v2 should only include a support for TCM and a few tweaks to the software? .( Are there any way to downgrade the unit to a version that actually supports any customization (for example the regular XL IQR since it's pretty much the same unit)? I was instructed to see the regular TomTom XL IQR (that's a bit cheaper at least when I bought the unit) manual for user instructions and that refers to a lot of interesting settings that I can't access.

If "improved software" means cutting down 90% of the options without any possibility to get them back I feel deceived .( Would never had bought a v2 in that case.

Other than returning the model for a model that is not a version 2, there is nothing that can be done. Sorry.

That's a huge disappointment .(

I'll try to contact the shop (glad I choosed one that is known for their great support) or TomTom support again. Thanks for the help though, dhn! Really greatful!

Ask a Question