Silly question from a newbie

Bear with me , as I'm a pc dinosaur .
I've managed [ more by luck than judgement ] to convert a basic short google map route to an itn file , and by putting it in Tyre , have managed to get it on my Tom Tom One .
It's showing as a file in the ITN folder when I look at the contents of the Tom Tom on the pc ,but how can I see and use it on the Tom Tom ?

Thanks
Steve

Unfortunately, there seem to be a million different models of TomTom One and, it appears, most cannot handle Itinerary Planning.

If your can, you should be seeing an icon called Itinerary Planning in your preferences screen. If you don't, move through preferences to ensure 'show all menu choices' is selected. If it is and you still don't see the icon, then I guess your model One doesn't work with it.

Google map routes to Tom Tom

Ok thanks .

I've figured out that my Tom Tom is compatible , and deleted the little route I had on it .
Did another route , very basic - converted it to an itn file , then put it into Tyre - it came up showing too many Waypoints and said it could not be used in the Tom Tom until I removed some of them - how do I sort that out ?
The route I planned on G Maps only had three lines on it .

Steve

Strange.....Itineraries allow for 48 waypoints per itinerary. Models without Itinerary Planning allow for just one waypoint (in other words, after a normal route is planned, you can select 'Travel Via' and place one point on your route).

So, gotta ask again............

Are you SURE your model has Itinerary Planning ???

You DO see Itinerary Planning as an icon on page 3 of the main screen??

Waypoints

Strange.....Itineraries allow for 48 waypoints per itinerary. Models without Itinerary Planning allow for just one waypoint (in other words, after a normal route is planned, you can select 'Travel Via' and place one point on your route).

So, gotta ask again............

Are you SURE your model has Itinerary Planning ???

You DO see Itinerary Planning as an icon on page 3 of the main screen??

Itinerary planning is there .
I need to figure out two things :

Firstly , when I planned the simple route on Goggle maps , it only had a start point , a midway point , and a destination , yet when I copied the file and converted it to an itn file , then tried to copy it to the TT using Tyre , it came up as saying there were too many waypoints [ there were more than 48 ] - so , I need to understand the correlation between waypoints and and the three points I used on the google map route .

Secondly , I then need to understand how to use it on my Tom Tom .

Thanks again ,

Steve

Goto this site which was created by a member here, Birdman. Explains how google maps ties in with TYRE and Itinerary Planning

Success

Goto this site which was created by a member here, Birdman. Explains how google maps ties in with TYRE and Itinerary Planning

Just tried it , took me some time , and I only used a few Waypoints , but I managed to get it to work.

Once again - thanks for all your help and advice .

Steve

Ask a Question