Screen not working

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Peter Mole, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Peter Mole

Peter Mole

TomTom Model(s):
    Go Live 1000
    Since I changed the battery the screen has been unresponsive. Restarting hasn't worked. HELP!!!!!

Peter Mole, Oct 8, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Peter Mole

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

dhn, Oct 8, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Peter Mole

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    On many of these units (I haven't done a 1000, but have done numerous others), it is often recommended to disconnect the screen from the motherboard. This usually entails disconnecting a flex connector that captures the flex cable from the screen to the motherboard during battery replacement.

IF your design uses a little flip up lever to lock the cable in place, be advised that it is every easy to break that latch. It's also possible to have not fully inserted the flex cable into the connector. That's where I'd start looking. A very gentle tug on the flex cable should NOT cause the cable to release from the connector. If it pulls out with no effort, the latch is broken, and that's going to be a big problem.

canderson, Oct 8, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question