Touch screen not working

TomTom Model(s)
xl
thank you

I am from England and model no XL:)

my touch screen has stopped working

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TTF. I've moved your posts to a new thread in the appropriate forum for better visibility.

Can you explain what you were doing when the problem started? Did you try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sound unless your model has a dedicated reset hole?

Touch Screen

It was slow to respond begin with, then does does not respond to touch at all. done the 10 sec press nothing changes. done the 30 sec factory reset but that stpos at the RTC: prompt. dont know if thats normal. copied all the files to a dedicated folder and deleted all the files and re installed them. still the same no response. additionally the the drive check. dont know what else to do.

Since you have the Explorer backup (correct?), format the unit, do not use quickformat.

Then restore the backup. See if that helps.

i tried formating full but it say after 5 mins windows was not able to complete the action:blabla:
---
trying it again
---
the unit says its waiting for a vlid gps signal, but seems frozen

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question