Safety Camera Alert Not Working

I got my TomTom One XL around 2 years ago. When I got it, it played an alert when I was approaching a speed camera. After a few updates, it stopped alerting me and just displayed it on the screen. So unless I was stairing at the device I wouldnt know the camera was there till I was pretty much next to it.

How do I get the sound to come back on please? I have tried everything

I have no backups from when I first had it as I just update it every so often and off I go.

Thanks

There is a bug in the latest application that kills the functionality, I believe.........

That said, if I were you, I'd forget about TomToms camera database entirely and subscribe to a database that is: current, accurate, and has many other features.

The one I'm referring to is the subscription at pocketgpsworld.com. For more information, see the information here.

If I lived in the UK, I'd subscribe in a heartbeat.

UK based supermod, Mikealder, will no doubt see this thread and may report in within 24 hours. Stay posted.

Go to TomTom Plus services/ Safety Cameras and configure your alerts in this section, TomTom changed the way this worked quite some time ago, although if your database is that old I certainly wouldn't be trusting it when driving and the Mobile Speed Camera locations are a very rare warning indeed - Mike

Thanks mike. Never even thought to try to go into TomTom services menu. Its common sense really lol. I got into the menu and set a sound to play when approaching a camera. Now to test it. It seemed when I initially went into the setting, it already had a sound set for it. I changed it, i'll see if it plays it for me next time I am out

Thanks again.

Ask a Question