Safety Camera Alerts

TomTom Model(s)
GoLive 820
My TomTom go live 820 has stopped giving UK safety camera alerts. I have enabled them in settings but they no longer appear. How do I get them back?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

That Fixed it!
Thanks a lot, just fell foul of a camera hiding behind a tree and didn't realise I was speeding at the time :(

Speed cameara warnings lasted a week - it even fails to warn me about cameras I have notified it about. Now it keeps loosing its ability to select an address and I can only go to favourites or recent destinations. This is a serious piece of Cr*p (first time I used it, it shut down half way along a 200 mile trip to somewhere I hadent been before - luckily the map was still in the car - where it's staying).
I think I will be dumping it and getting another make!:mad:

For the speed cams... If I were you, I would investigate an alternative speed camera database, such as the one from PocketGPSWorld.com.

It is well-respected and much more accurate and customisable than TomTom's own offering.
You can also have real voice warnings which advise you of the speed limit as you approach the camera, so you don't have to look a the screen.

----

I must admit, I've NEVER heard of a TomTom losing the ability to search for an address though... Are there any examples you can give?

Thank you Andy
Sorry bit of a Neanderthal, how do you load the other version of spped camera alerts onto the TomTom?

Regarding loss of address function, this is random. There is a signal as you can select a previous adress and it calcs the route no problem? You just cant go anywhere new. It also has the habit of not recognising house numbers and certain postcodes. These are not new builds some are very old houses!

They are loaded like any other custom POI, and you set alerts of your choice accordingly. If you click the systray icon with your unit connected, you will see "Add community content". That's how you add any POI of your choice to the device. A custom POI will come as a combination of an *.ov2 file (the data) and a *.bmp file (the icon that is displayed on the map).

As for the other issue - as Andy says, we need an example or two so we can try it out on our end.

Ask a Question