TomTom Go 750 - Safety Camera Alerts show wrong speed

Hi,

I have noticed something very odd with the safety camera alerts from TomTom Live.

When passing a speed camera in a 30mph zone it is being shown as 19mph, and when passing on in a 50mph zone it is being shown as 31mph. I have worked out that TomTom is erroneously converting it from kph to mph (i.e 30kph = 19mph and 50kph = 31mph), has anyone else noticed this or knows how to fix it?

Jon

This a known bug and something that has been reported directly to TomTom but in order to fix it they will have to release a software update for the devices - Mike

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on a GO 750. I reported this about 4 weeks ago and have an open case still waiting for a fix from 2nd line support. It is a shame as this is a really annoying issue that spoils a great device.

I notice a lot of false camera alerts as well, something I never suffered from with a previous Garmin unit.

Fingers crossed for a fix soon.

Glad its not just my unit then. I also have this problem with a new 950 Live.

Will call TT in the morning to see if there is any news on the problem.

Ask a Question