TomTom Go 750T - Update navcore

Hello everyone,
I bought a Go750T (really good equipment).
TTHome connecting it to, I deserve a Update on the navcore instead remained the 9,053

As I read in other forums that the latest release is the 9,058

can you tell me something about

another question, this micro SDHC memory card 4GB (Class 6) Panasonic - RP-SM04GDE1K.. fine ??

Thanks a lot ... twice

Hello everyone,
I bought a Go750T (really good equipment).
TTHome connecting it to, I deserve a Update on the navcore instead remained the 9,053
Are you saying that you expect to be offered 9.058 and it is not being offered by Home? Is your unit a "Live" model?

another question, this micro SDHC memory card 4GB (Class 6) Panasonic - RP-SM04GDE1K.. fine ??
Fine little card. Right speed, and big enough to be useful. Good pick.

Thank you for the speed of response.
Exactly my TT Go 750T is not a "LIVE" model

Now proceed with the manual update

many thanks

That's the software for the LIVE models... Anyone know if it was the same for the non-Live?
That's the only 9.058 for the 750 of which I'm aware. After that, it jumps clear up to 9.1XX something. If necessary, we may have to take him a little further. I don't think they ever distinguished between the firmware on any of the previous (740) models. SIM card detection was automatic.

Yeah, I've never seen any other versions of 9.058 than that one, but then we never had the non-Live models over here.

AFAIK, 9.058 was the last official release for the Gox50 models too.
But I've got a 9.120 stashed away somewhere and the filename implies it's for the 750 only, not the whole range.

All slightly confusing and not helped by the TT website denying that 9.058 existed at all!

Your device should update to 9.058. It will probably do it in two phases, 9.053 first then 9.058.

I woudn't bother with the manual install steps unless you are having problems.

If I remember, if Home 'saw' a 9.053 on the unit, it would not offer a 9.058. I think what is needed is the removal of 9.053 from the unit and the manual update to 9.058.

If I remember, if Home 'saw' a 9.053 on the unit, it would not offer a 9.058. I think what is needed is the removal of 9.053 from the unit and the manual update to 9.058.
Won't the manual install of 9.058 accomplish the same thing without the removal of 9.053 (overwrite)?

Thanks to all
you are very competent
I personally am confused but in the end, two questions:
1) having a GO 750T
1.a) I do update the nav. 9,058
1.b) or to another level navcore
1.c) or should not I do anything?
2) exactly how to upgrade :
2.a) unzip the file. Cab on a PC, and after I copy / overwrite all files in the root extracts of the internal drive of the TT?
2.b) unzip with the target disk, the disk internal TT, overwriting existing files
2.c) other method??

see you soon

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's content first.

You can extract the 9.058 cab file directly to the 750's internal, overwriting as necessary.

That's the version of 9.120 I was referring to in my post above.

I would guess that "most" owners of Go x40 and x50 models have stayed on v9.058, as that was the last one offered to them by Home, and was an official release for all of those models. However it does still have some unresolved bugs such as slow Traffic acquisition for SOME people.

V9,120 is a bit of a mystery.. The TomTom website used to say that it was only intended for the XL2 model but makes no mention of it now; and obviously the file name of the one we have here shows it was meant for the Go750.
However, whether it was for ALL Go750's or maybe just for some custom models issued by one retailer or supplier.

If you really want to experiment, lapsus, try it! But make really sure you have good backups before you do try it.

Last edited:
If you really want to experiment, lapsus, try it! But make really sure you have good backups before you do try it.
I'd be a bit wary of jumping all the way to 9.120 (that was that 9.1XX I [intentionally obliquely] mentioned earlier - didn't want to get too far ahead of ourselves here) as there could be a bootloader issue moving from 9.053 to 9.120.

I am unaware of any difference between the 9.053 and 9.058 bootloader code, so it's something we could reverse if the OP doesn't like how it behaves. After 9.120, he could be unable to revert to the old code.

About the only guy who was "in a position" long enough ago to know for certain would be mvl. Perhaps he'll chime in.

Meanwhile, I'm OK with trying out 9.058, but am not yet comfortable with going further than that. Any consensus from the group?

I'm fairly sure I remember people rolling back to 9.058 from 9.120....

I'll see if I can dig out some forum posts to back that up.
Trouble is... no access to ONE rather useful forum any more!

OK, I've not found any info on the v9.120 bootloader yet, but here are a couple of other relevant quotes...

They've [TT Support] advised that there is an application with this version number but it is in testing and development at the moment and has not been released for public use.
.. and I don't think it ever was.

Some people found that 9.058 was not automatically offered to 9.054 users by Home, and it had to be forced to download by removing 9.054, then updating.
... so a manual install of v9.058 seems the easiest way to go (even though an update to Home was said to cure that problem).

I would say that I have stayed on 9.058 for all the devices I have that use it.

App 9.120 has bootloader 5.5259.
App 9.058 has bootloader 5.5120.

Bootloader upgrades are irreversible. So if the OP upgrades to app 9.120 and the bootloader causes problems, there would be no way to downgrade back to 9.058.

Ask a Question