safety camera warning alerts

Hi,

I have just paid for TomTom Safety Cameras 1 year subscription, the cameras are installed on my tomtom but when I pass a speed camera I'm not getting any alarts, I have alarts enabled in the settings on my tomtom.

when I purchased my tomtom over a year ago the Safety Cameras were already installed and I got alerts but now I don't seem to have them anymore.

Can anyone help please?

Send a pm to mikealder, a member here from the UK who is an expert in many areas, including that one.

I have just paid for TomTom Safety Cameras 1 year subscription, the cameras are installed on my tomtom but when I pass a speed camera I'm not getting any alarts, I have alarts enabled in the settings on my tomtom.

Oh dear, where are you located UK or USA? the TT database is known to be rather poor in terms of accuracy especially when compared to other sources of camera data, I am not going to mention alternatives until I know where you are located but the TT database isn't very good from what I have tried/ experianced. Whilst this might explain the lack of warnings lets see if we can get the device warning you of the cameras the database does know about.

Go to TomTom Services/ TomTom Safety Cameras where you can configure the warnings for the various camera types included within the database - Mike

Mike, he's from your side of the pond or I wouldn't have suggested your experienced input.

You may as well hang out here 24/7! :)

Hi Mike,

I was just going to PM you. I'm in the UK. My alerts were working perfectly a month back, then I plugged my TomTom into the PC and did some update and then noticed my Safety Cameras were not on my Map anymore so I had to buy a Safety Cameras 1 year subscription what put the Cameras back in the Map put not getting any alerts when passing Cameras.

I cannot see e-mail addresses which offer a hint as to where people are located but if you are UK based have you considered PocketGPSWorld where we not only offer a very comprehensive speed camera database and various spoken alerts so the TomTom can actually announce "Warning Gatso ahead, Speed limit is 50 miles per hour"

As David has said you are UK based have a look at This where you will find a video explaining how to install and configure the database and see/ hear what its like in use.
If you find a camera thats not within the database we also offer a free lifetime membership to the site so membership can become free for those that elect to add locations subject to verification.

I appreciate this isn't what you want to hear having spent hard earned cash on the TT Safety Camera database, but if you want/ need an accurate Speed Camera database then consider how much you value the driving licence or points that get added to it - Mike

If you need any help in setting up the warnings / database please feel free to ask, I am sure you will find the new choice of database a rather different offering in terms of both accuracy and quality - Welcome to the club - Mike

Mike, a slightly different TomTom camera database question.

I use it (and it is up to date for my area) but how can I turn off the annoying vocal - "speed camera tomTom 50 metres ahead"? There's no option in "manage POI" area.

Thanks in advance

Wish I had seen this earlier! Have just subscribed to the TomTom speed camera updates to try and get an up to date UK version only to find that it is soooo out of date and inaccurate. Am interested in the Pocket GPS World offering.

Click here to subscribe(and to get more information).

My understanding is that the Pocketgpsworld speed cameras are top notch. We do not get any commission on this site for letting our UK members know about them whatsoever. Simply providing a service here...

We cover a variety of countries including those in Europe, North America, Australia, South Africa etc - and don't forget to log the positions of any cameras you see while on your trip and submitt them, good chance of getting that Life time free membership if you are first to spot a camera not on the database - Mike

Ask a Question