How Do I Update Safety Cameras Alerts?

TomTom Model(s)
550TM
Can someone please tell me how I can add safety cameras (red light cameras) to my TomTom 550TM?

Thank you.

They are not offered on all models.

Can you go to Services on your unit? If so, is safety cameras active? What does it say if you click it (if active)?

The Safety Cameras feature is activated, but how do I add new cameras to my TomTom?

The Safety Cameras feature is activated, but how do I add new cameras to my TomTom?
To add safety camera tap screen and navigate to "TomTom Services". Then tap 'Safety Cameras'. After either viewing the tour (which is good to view at least once), tap "Report Safety Camera", Just follow the choices (either fixed or Temp) and the prompts thereafter.

To piggyback, when I was leaving NYC yesterday AM on the West Side Highway, I heard two "beep" tones from my 550. Was that safety cameras?
Could have been. Did you see an icon pop up on the upper left of the screen? It could also be some other alert that you might have selected like POI or speeding alert. The sound depends on what you have selected.

Oh, that's right. The 550 has the "simplified menu". Not sure how to add new cameras to those. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows. :confused:

Repeated requests every hour won't get a better response, I guess.

Call CS at 866-486-6866.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Could have been. Did you see an icon pop up on the upper left of the screen? It could also be some other alert that you might have selected like POI or speeding alert. The sound depends on what you have selected.

I didn't see an icon (didn't look), and I haven't added any other audio alerts (a speeding one would be a constant for me!)

Tomtom Safety cameras are only updated from Tomtom servers. LIVE devices pull them over-the-air. But non-LIVE devices like the XXL 550TM only update when connected to a computer.

To update on your computer, install Tomtom HOME and do "Update my XXL". One of the updates it offers is "Safety Cameras".

Some Tomtom models allow you to report individual Safety Cameras to Tomtom so that they can validate and add it to their database, but the XXL 550TM doesn't have that functionality.

Ask a Question