RIDER reviews??

TomTom Model(s)
720, 330S
Noticed that no one has ever posted in this board, thought I would initiate some conversation by asking for reviews of this TT product. On other GPS forums, particularly in UK-based ones, this device seems to be a big hit with bikers. Can anyone provide some feedback? TIA.

I just got my Rider for Christmas and have spent only a few miles using it. I have not had any major problems beside it is hard to turn on. I orginally thought it was not working at all until my son used a corner of a table to push the button.

I have been looking for US senic route to download but I have not had any success.

Good to hear that you are enjoying your new Christmas present! Good time to get it as well as TomTom is still giving $100 off all of their products. What do you think are the stand-out features of the RIDER so far? I know a lot of bikers rave about the ability of the device to communicate via bluetooth into your helmet-- sounds pretty cool!

The blue tooth headsets works great. I am can answer my phone if I get a call hands free while riding. You can only answer call while the bike is moving which I think is cool.

I have a wish list for POI if anyone has information on it would make the TomTom Rider much better that it already is.
1. Harley-Davidson dealerships on the POI.
2. Motor cycle stores on POI
3. Share interesting routes that can be downloaded to your personal TomTom.

Can anyone explain how you can ride your favoriate route and save the trip so you can repeat the trip again later?

I know this site has tons of custom POIs, if you just check out that section. I don't know the product that well but I'm sure someone can direct you about how to save routes.

Did you know that you can also get the newest map upgrades for only $49.99? Originally it's $149.99 for the upgrade so you're saving some cash-- I think they are the newest ones from Tele Atlas which tend to be very accurate so you won't have any kinks when using the great product that you've got.

TomTom Rider

There is so much information contained in this forum that make the use of your TomTom such a joy. I have found in one of the many posts in this forum the program TYRE, which when used along with Goggle earth, can create a preplanned route and then send the route to your TomTOm. It was so eazy to do. Now the job will be to create routes that we can share with one another.

Have you seen this site. I was at the International Motorcycle Show in Cleveland and picked one up for free.

The maps were distributed with a TomTom advertisement.

http://www.madmaps.com/

It looks like they want you to buy a map, but some of the links might get you some routes.

Additionally, join www.localriders.com (it's local to me, but nationwide) and ask there. You'll probably get a few people that have some trips from Garmin devices as TomTom's are still pretty new in the US. There might be a conversion program that you could use to convert them to a TomTom recognized format.

Last edited:
Thank you for the web links THOM! Now I will have another place to go when things get slow at work.:D

Hi newbie here with a 910 and a desire for a TT Rider that will come soon I think....really laughed at that video George.

910 vs rider

Speaking of TT 910's and TT riders. As an owner of a 910, I don't need to use a GPS on my bike that often, so was wondering in anyone had tried to modify a mount that would allow a 510/910 to be occasionally mounted on a bike.

Of course, it is not water proof and not designed for the additional shaking, but is it possible ? Would only use it for special events like the up-coming Harley rally in Austria.

The blue tooth headsets works great. I am can answer my phone if I get a call hands free while riding. You can only answer call while the bike is moving which I think is cool.

I have a wish list for POI if anyone has information on it would make the TomTom Rider much better that it already is.
1. Harley-Davidson dealerships on the POI.
2. Motor cycle stores on POI

Check out www.poi2go.com for the ability to find all kinds of custom POIs in a format that will work with your TomTom. It's a great utility.

I have a new TTR2 with the V6.75 map and I love it. The RAM mount is a huge improvment over the original TTR and they have improved the waterproofing standard as well.

It comes standard with a Scala Rider BT headset for listening to directions, as well as operating with a BT cell phone.

Cheers!

Speaking of TT 910's and TT riders. As an owner of a 910, I don't need to use a GPS on my bike that often, so was wondering in anyone had tried to modify a mount that would allow a 510/910 to be occasionally mounted on a bike.

Of course, it is not water proof and not designed for the additional shaking, but is it possible ? Would only use it for special events like the up-coming Harley rally in Austria.

Take a look here and see if you can find the mount/cradle you need, there are also Ram Mounts here so look around.
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/?cat=MOUNT

Ask a Question