Quick questions from new user

Hi all. I'd appreciate any help with a few quick questions. I couldn't find any relevant FAQ.

I just received a TT ONE. It has no SD card, but has preloaded on its internal memory the USA/Canada map v.705. I'm running OS X. Here are my questions:

1. I'd like to install some POI files available through Tomtom Home. But the application says that there are no maps installed, and I need to have at least one map to install the POI onto. What is the solution?

2. Is there a better place to download POI files, or other useful things? I'm thinking of businesses, specific restaurants etc.

3. Do the free updates periodically have map updates, or are they just software updates? Do you need to buy the map to get new streets?

Thanks very much for the help. Feel free to point me in the direction of the answers!

Jeremy

1. That's not normal!

2. There is a POI section on this forum, with lots available for download and pointers to other sites. You just copy and paste the pair of files into the map folder. No need to use Home.

3. The free updates are mostly firmware. Maps are nearly always purchased. I would think that new streets will show up only on new map editions. Mapshare doesn't allow you to add a street.

Ask a Question