Question please help

I am planning to buy a TomTom One version 3 from Tomtom's website from their online store and I wanted if I buy it from there new do I get a free map update or no? Also do you have to pay for firmware(software) update if there are any? :confused:

I am planning to buy a TomTom One version 3 from Tomtom's website from their online store and I wanted if I buy it from there new do I get a free map update or no? Also do you have to pay for firmware(software) update if there are any? :confused:

If possible, I would purchase a TomTom ONE LE not the 3rd edition because many features have been removed from the 3rd Edition menu PLUS the LE has an SD card slot.

All TomTom ONEs in the U.S. come with the USA_and_Canada maps and the Guam maps.

Once you log into the PC program called TomTom HOME that updates your TomTom, you have 30 days to get map updates, after that you'd need to pay for them whenever they came out with a new version.

Firmware updates, for the time being, are free using TomTom HOME.

If possible, I would purchase a TomTom ONE LE not the 3rd edition because many features have been removed from the 3rd Edition menu PLUS the LE has an SD card slot.

All TomTom ONEs in the U.S. come with the USA_and_Canada maps and the Guam maps.

Once you log into the PC program called TomTom HOME that updates your TomTom, you have 30 days to get map updates, after that you'd need to pay for them whenever they came out with a new version.

Firmware updates, for the time being, are free using TomTom HOME.

I don't see an TomTom ONE LE on the product page ? http://www.tomtom.com/products/category.php?ID=0&Language=4

Yes, they only offered this for a limited time (LE - Limited Edition) mainly from Best Buy.

I know many people are still selling these new in box on Ebay if you are interested.

PS - I own an LE

I think I will just stick with Ver 3 I don't like buying via ebay. (Unless there is a online retail store that sells them.)

So when I order TomTom One Ver three I have 30 days "of" updates or just 30 days to update the map?

I think I will just stick with Ver 3 I don't like buying via ebay. (Unless there is a online retail store that sells them.)

So when I order TomTom One Ver three I have 30 days "of" updates or just 30 days to update the map?

No problem, I appreciate your concern on ebay purchases.

The 30 day limit is on map updates only. Operating System updates, new POIs, new voices, etc. are (for the time being) free.

The only other limitation is that theoretically Map Share updates are only supposed to be free for one year of usage....haven't heard anyone hit that one year limit yet...

Ask a Question