Multiple POI Question - HELP PLEASE

Hey everyone. I am a NEW tomtom user and love this unit. I am having a little difficulty with pois though. I was a Garmin user for about 7 years and am transitioning to the TOMTOM platform. I am not used to having to add all the pois that I want on to my unit. How do I add ALL or multiple pois to my 630 instead of clicking the add button for each poi that I want?

PLEASE HELP!!!:eek:

You mean in Home? Isn't THAT a pain in the derriere!! :(

Another reason why Home is not the most, uh, user friendly piece of software in the world.

You have to go through the process one by one, unfortunately.

Once you do that however, don't get carried away showing too many categories of pois on the map at one time. It'll slow down the screen refresh if too many are showing; usually, four or five categories max at any one time is a good idea.

Do you have any of your POI files in the Garmin format? If so its quite easy to convert them to the TomTom (ov2) format and load them to your unit using Windows Explorer - Mike

Wow. TOMTOM home kinda blows! Unfortunately, I sold my Garmin to help pay for the new TOMTOM, so I don't have any garmin poi's stored. Can you buy them from an online source and just upload them yourself? I am hoping so. I would like to bypass TOMTOM home and not have to add every poi individually.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited:
Also, see this thread. There's a higher end Tomtom POI file not available on your model than can be copied over. It gives LOTS more POIs, and in my experience it had most of the POIs I ever needed.

Ask a Question