Multiple Waypoints on One 3rd Edition???

I need your advice. I am new to the TomTom; I won a 3rd Edition at work. I am computer saavy, have searched the on line manual, called tech support, and now have searched these threads...all with no success so far. My problem is that I have been "testing" and learning the TomTom while driving routes that I know very well. The device has not been routing me the way I would choose to drive. Choosing Alternate Route is not the fix as it has suggested some crazy options. I do know it is easy to ignore the device and allow it to recalculate a route...but remember, I'm "testing" it so I will know the level of trust I can have in it when I really NEED it. I am able to input a single Waypoint which helped the device know part of the route I desired. BUT, my unit does not have "itinerary function" and in order for me to map out the route I need to take, I NEED more than one Waypoint. Can you tell me how to "force" multiple waypoints into the calculated route?

I appreciate your help!!

I need your advice. I am new to the TomTom; I won a 3rd Edition at work. I am computer saavy, have searched the on line manual, called tech support, and now have searched these threads...all with no success so far. My problem is that I have been "testing" and learning the TomTom while driving routes that I know very well. The device has not been routing me the way I would choose to drive. Choosing Alternate Route is not the fix as it has suggested some crazy options. I do know it is easy to ignore the device and allow it to recalculate a route...but remember, I'm "testing" it so I will know the level of trust I can have in it when I really NEED it. I am able to input a single Waypoint which helped the device know part of the route I desired. BUT, my unit does not have "itinerary function" and in order for me to map out the route I need to take, I NEED more than one Waypoint. Can you tell me how to "force" multiple waypoints into the calculated route?

I appreciate your help!!
Check out this site created by Birdman, it will answer all your questions!
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/TomTom_custom.html

To Add to Smokie's post, his link to my webpage describes how to obtain the Itinerary Planning icon to your menu.

Once you have that icon, you can either use the TomTom to create an itinerary or you also have the option of using Google Maps and a program called TYRE on the PC to generate a route and plop that onto the TomTom:
>>> Using TYRE and Google Maps <<<

Thank you both so much! I will read up on your suggestions ASAP and give it all a try. It never surprises me how much better forums like this are than the corporate tech support.

Eric

Ask a Question