Multiple postcodes into a POI?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with almost 1000 address in, complete with postcodes.

Is there an easy way, or 'how do' guide, for transferring these into a POI?

Many thanks.

Nice idea, but he would still need to convert all the addresses and postcodes into Lat/Long coordinates first, in order to make the .csv file.

There are plenty of websites and tools to give you the coords from an address or postcode one at a time, but I've only ever seen one online tool which says it can convert whole lists in one go.

I've never tried it but I bookmarked it in case anyone asked this question!

Have a look here:
GPS Visualizer's Easy Batch Geocoder: Convert street addresses to coordinates

If that works for you, it will be pretty easy to convert the list of coordinates it creates into a .csv file that POIEdit or similar can convert to TomTom .ov2 format.

Or coincidently, there's a reply today to a very old topic, which gives a link to a Google app. which can do a similar thing for lists of addresses in Google's own "contacts" format.

I know this is an old question, but there is a new answer.

Now you can conveniently convert your Google Contacts to KML (for use with Google Maps) or OV2 (for use with TomTom compatible software) using this free third party Google Apps Script:

http://goo.gl/NsXx8

Of course you have to have your contacts in Google Contacts. The script works via Google Apps (which is free, thanks Google). The geocoding of your contacts is done via Google’s geocoder, the quality of which varies by country. (I’ve found it to be very good in the US).

Ask a Question