Multiple itineraries

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom urban rider
I have just bought a used TT urban rider (V3) and I am an old fart and struggling!
Can anyone please tell me how to create several itineraries on my Tomtom urban rider. I am riding my own along back road route down France, across the Pyrenees and then to the South of Spain. As I have had to create lots of way points to stop the Tomtom from taking me onto the main roads, I have only managed to plan as far as the South of France and I cannot add any more waypoints. If I try and create another Itinerary, the unit tells me I will all the data in the first one will be lost. Any help will be massively appreciated

If that model has Itinerary Planning, it only allows 48 waypoints per itinerary. But you can have multiple itineraries stored on the device.

Thanks for the super quick reply. Why is the unit telling me that I will lose all current itinerary data if I want to create another itinerary?

Are you sure it's saying you'll loose the itinerary or just that you'll lose waypoints if you try to add > 48 ??

Thanks for the super quick reply. Why is the unit telling me that I will lose all current itinerary data if I want to create another itinerary?
You aren't the first to be fooled by this incomplete wording. Separate in your mind a) all of the ones you have created and saved to the unit with your choice of name from b) the single most recent one that is currently residing in 'working' memory either because you just created it or loaded it. If there's already one loaded, the process of beginning the creation of a new one deletes the original one from 'working' memory.

What you lose is the current working copy of an itinerary in RAM, not what's stored in the device! As you build a new itinerary, at the end, you will be asked to either save it or use it. But it's now the 'current' one in memory. So build away, but when you're done creating them all, just load the first one that you want to use and run it.

[As you build a new itinerary, at the end, you will be asked to either save it or use it.

Actually, you don't. (or not on any model I own).

you have to manually decide to save it.

Quick guide:

When you have created an Itinerary (of upto 48 locations) then tap the "Options" button and you will see a menu to "Save itinerary" and to "Load itinerary" amongst other things.

attachment.php

Selecting "Save..." allows you to save that itinerary with any name you like.
You are then free to use "New itinerary" to start afresh creating a new one, which you can also save in the same way.

After that, you can use "Load..." to bring back any of the ones you have saved.

Attachments

• Itinerary_Menu.jpg
    Itinerary_Menu.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 707
Selecting "Save..." allows you to save that itinerary with any name you like.
You are then free to use "New itinerary" to start afresh creating a new one, which you can also save in the same way.
That's how it is on the 930 (although I have never gone past 10 way points).

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean "asked" as with some pop-up or another, simply as a function of the menu items one is presented with at the end. When I say "save it or use it", I should more explicitly say "Save Itinerary or Start Navigation". Once a new itinerary is built, those two options are the only ones that make sense.

Ask a Question