Import Multiple Waypoints!

Discussion in 'Mobile Navigation' started by bluish, May 31, 2013.

1. bluish

bluish

TomTom Model(s):
    Android
    Android Version 1.2

I see that its now possible (fantastic addition) to enter coordinates in v1.2..
    I have over the years saved waypoints on my Garmin 1490T

Created a back-up file of these waypoints using EasyGPS!
    They are saved (maybe 200) as .gpx

Is it possible to import waypoints into V1.2?
    Hoping that someone can help?

Many Thanks

bluish, May 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. bluish

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
    I believe that adding a standard TomTom *.ov2 file and *.bmp file to the map folder will function correctly. It's been a while since I've tried it. That folder would be "...\tomtom\com.tomtom.uscanada\files\USA_Canada", assuming it's the USA/Canada package that you own.

However ... the TomTom doesn't deal in *.gpx files. You'll need to convert the *.gpx to *.ov2. You can use GSAK to do this if you like (more versatile than EasyGPS) or several other tools.

Another alternative is to import (open) each *.gpx into a program called POIEdit and export (save) them as TomTom *.ov2 files. POIEdit can be found at this link: http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

Just below the words "Current Version" you'll see a download for Download POIEdit 2007.2 English. That's the one you'll want.

*.bmp files are used for the individual icons for each POI. If you want to put all of your 'waypoints' into a single Point of Interest, you just need a single icon to make it pretty. These are 22x22 or 44x44 *.bmp files.

canderson, Jun 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. bluish

bluish

TomTom Model(s):
    Android
    Done and dusted.
    Thank you so much for the help!

bluish, Jun 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question