Import Multiple Waypoints!

TomTom Model(s)
Android
Android Version 1.2

I see that its now possible (fantastic addition) to enter coordinates in v1.2..
I have over the years saved waypoints on my Garmin 1490T

Created a back-up file of these waypoints using EasyGPS!
They are saved (maybe 200) as .gpx

Is it possible to import waypoints into V1.2?
Hoping that someone can help?

Many Thanks

I believe that adding a standard TomTom *.ov2 file and *.bmp file to the map folder will function correctly. It's been a while since I've tried it. That folder would be "...\tomtom\com.tomtom.uscanada\files\USA_Canada", assuming it's the USA/Canada package that you own.

However ... the TomTom doesn't deal in *.gpx files. You'll need to convert the *.gpx to *.ov2. You can use GSAK to do this if you like (more versatile than EasyGPS) or several other tools.

Another alternative is to import (open) each *.gpx into a program called POIEdit and export (save) them as TomTom *.ov2 files. POIEdit can be found at this link: http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

Just below the words "Current Version" you'll see a download for Download POIEdit 2007.2 English. That's the one you'll want.

*.bmp files are used for the individual icons for each POI. If you want to put all of your 'waypoints' into a single Point of Interest, you just need a single icon to make it pretty. These are 22x22 or 44x44 *.bmp files.

Ask a Question